Art by Zao
ATR - At-The-Risers
Breaking the Mechanical Mind
Champing at the Wit
Competition Distributing Co.
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Hell on Wheels MC - The Blog!
Kennedy Bros. Bomb Factory
Nostalgia on Wheels Shoppe
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Here are some nice pictures of Fonda's panhead, Joint's Pan, as well as Dear John's / Henry of the Ironhorsemen's Knucklehead taken from: http://www.imcdb.org/movie_61189-The-Wild-Angels.html (A great side to look for bikes in movies I might add!)
I was pretty fascinated with the Bell 500-TX helmet so I did some more digging and with Tjebbe's help from ZZ-Chop I located this great helmet book! (Check out the original post if you're interested as well as for an advertisement showing the rare visor above): http://nostalgiaonwheels.blogspot.com/2009/06/bell-500-tx-helmet-is-worth-its-weight.html)
Apparently Rin Tanaka's book entitled "The Motorcycle Helmet" dates this Bell 500-TX helmet to around 1957-1958, making it one of the earliest know examples. The marbled visor was made by Cragar and is evidently mega rare as well!
First Snell logo bears no serial numbers apparently!
This one is most likely a 1958-1959 version!
Early liner is supposedly all white!
Front waterslide decal looks the same on both late 50s models!
The later 50s example shown here with the serial numbers!
The 1965 version with the metallic silver Bell sticker up front!
Even the interior styrofoam colors change with the versions!
An up close and personal with the silver metallic mid-60s Bell logo!
Liner details from Yoshi's 1969 catalog. For the late 60s 500-TX examples see the earlier post! (all information shown here was taken from Rin Tanaka's great book, "The Motorcycle Helmet" 1930s - 1990s!
Monday, June 29, 2009
I'm not too keen on the Chevy powered bike at left but the knuckle on the right is pretty darn cool. I believe I have a better picture of this bike from an earlier post so when I find the link I'll add it here for quick reference! (photo comes from an early 1960s Rod & Custom Magazine)
Sunday, June 28, 2009
It is official as Gabe's panhead is finished and he is currently in route to New York where he will embark on a six month voyage aboard the Bounty. Wish him luck and follow his swashbuckling adventures at: http://oneyearbeforethemast.blogspot.com
Friday, June 26, 2009
This has got to be one of my favorite early movie stills showing customized triumphs. I'm guessing the nacelled bike belongs to the guy who attacks with the pipe wrench as pictured in the movie poster below!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I think the second rider back with the headband is Gary Littlejohn but I could be mistaken!
Theres a pretty cool looking panhead at center!
Littlejohn's "Cinderella Cart" must be somewhere way back there in the ranks but I can't see it!
It looks like dual Linkerts and machined lucite pegs and shifter on this highly chromed panhead!
This overhead cam conversion pre-unit looks amazing down to the cool Everoak Racemaster looking helmet hanging over the bars!
Check out the wild paint on this little buggers tank and helmet. I can't tell if these are BSAs or Triumphs from the angle but appear to be unit dirt trackers! (all pictures from the same 1965 Motorcycle book as below!)
Mark Anthony, this guy has your exact same speedway seat!
Slidin' the turns 30s style!
Those Flxi side cars look like a blast on the peashooter racers!
Injuns awaiting the boards!
Upside down smokescreen! Spyhunter in the early teens! (all photos from the 1965 Treasury of Motorcycles of the World book!)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I just received my Love Cycles t-shirt in the mail today and it fits like a glove and a few stickers were thrown in as well! Jeremiah has some really cool bird deflectors for sale he just had cast up, two styles and only making 20 of each, so contact him if interested or if you're looking the right person to build your custom knuckle, pan, or shovel at http://www.lovecycles.blogspot.com !
- ► 2014 (209)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Black Angels Poster in High Definition!
- Wild Angels Bikes
- Late 50s Bell 500-TX Helmet vs. Mid 60s Version!
- Mondo Bondo Shovel
- 1960s Mondo Mod Poster!
- Ed Thomas' '41 Knuckle Drag Bike
- Pre-unit Swingarm Mild Custom!
- 1930 Indian Factory Hillclimber
- Gabe has Been Shanghaied!
- Flawless Harley JD Racer!
- Vintage Stanton Police Dept Photo
- 1958 Dragstrip Riot Movie Still - Attack of the Pr...
- Angels Die Hard Lobby Cards from 1970
- Customs 4 the Show & Strip!
- Old Racers & Miscellaneous!
- Love Cycles Merchandise
- Wild Angels Posters in High Definition!
- 1959 AMA Trophies & Award Plaques!
- Inland Vans Berdoo
- 1970 Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" Poster
- A Plethora of "Motorcycle Gang" Stills
- 1961 Sporty Cafe Custom!
- Selections from the "BECK" '61-'62 Catalog
- Phil Ross' Triumph Show Bike & Doug Hirschberg's S...
- Cool 1970's Reissue Great Escape Poster!
- Swingarm Pre-unit with Sky-High Bars!
- Generator Shovel Chop from 1967!
- 1953 "Hot Blood" Poster
- Bruce Dern Rides in "Cycle Savages"
- 1958 Sporty Drag Bike!
- Frank Weston's "Mint Pearl" 45 in 1959
- How to Steal the Girl While on Your Bike!
- Knuckle Streamliner Cameleon Picture
- Filmfax Magazine - June/July 1991 - Issue No. 27
- The Bell 500-TX Helmet - Worth its Weight in Gold!...
- Random Biker Movie Photos!
- Daytona - Racing on the Beach!
- Original Late 80s Santa Cruz Jim Phillips "Screami...
- Hell on Wheels M/C Rally & Beauty Pageant - June 2...
- The Tropical Cyclettes M.C. / M.F.
- The 1950's Avon Tire Selection
- Cool Toons!
- Gary Littlejohn's Best Magazine Cover!
- Kid Deuce's Wild Flicker Photo Sets!
- Bates in 1962!
- 1970 Aussie Hot Rod Show Photos!
- UK Drag Bikes of Insanity!
- Bates in 1954!
- High Resolution "Wild One" Photos!
- Building a Chopper / Smokestackin' Knucklehead!
- I've Got the "Yellow Fever"
- Fully Dressed Panheads
- The Teenage Taxi!
- Destro Just Got a Knucklehead...
- Dick Hirschberg's Knucklehead
- Norm Grabowski's Pan with Side Hack!
- The "Enchanted Parrot" Revisited!
- Give'em Enough Rocks, Rope, & Engraving! - Gabe's ...
- '41 Chevy Outside Hollywoodland
- Interesting Old Oil Filters
- '48 Triumph T-100 Desert Racer Custom
- Bud Ekins "In Flight"
- Danny Lyon Cover Art
- Knucklehead With Triple Carb Set-up!
- The Balancing Act!
- Orange Peelin' Panhead
- Dave of San Diego's Crazy Pan & Sporty!!!
- 1960s Bates Striped Cafe Jacket - Padded
- Screamin' Suzuki Roth Decal
- The Legend of Indian Gary!
- Ernie Dorsey's Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Very Mildly Customized Matchless
- Pre-unit Drag Bikes to Freak-Out About!
- ▼ June (73)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
I just received this Sept. '68 Issue of Custom Bike / Choppers Magazine in the mail yesterday and will be posting different artic...
I recently picked up this cool vintage circa 1937 Finch wool varsity jacket from Portage, Wisconsin with curling patch and ch...
I haven't received my copy yet but from what I understand this book has at least 75 photos of the Detroit Outlaws Motorcycle Club from ...
It's safe to say I'm a huge fan of WWII USN deck jackets. Though they're not very practical for wear unless its very cold out ...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...
I had no idea all of these movies were available on Netflix for instant viewing but here are some of the selections (a few of these titles...