ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Whatever Happened to Vern's Triumph?
A couple days ago I received this August 1986 Easyrider cover scan from Mark B. up north. I've posted images of this mindblowing pre-unit before (see shots below circa 1968 or so) but have never had such a nice scan of the cover. Anyhow, this is my favorite pre-unit and love the skinny look of the bike and its the first triumph custom I'm aware of using the Harley Peashooter Springer Front End. You can see how Mark Drews paid tribute to this bike up front on his "Solitary Confinement" pre-unit (see previous post) and I went for the hillclimber look using the same forks on the "Slow Poke." If anybody knows the whereabouts of this bike or has any recent pictures please feel free to share! (The last three pictures were taken by Frank Kaisler and come from a post on Frank "The Real Deal" Kaisler on Chopcult.)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- Late 60's / Early 70's Stag Magazine Biker Images
- Ice Racing - 1959
- Detroit Flat Track - 1961
- Bates 1968 & 1969 Catalog Selections (Part I) - Le...
- Bates 1968 & 1969 Catalog Selections (Part II) - L...
- Bates 1968 & 1969 Catalog Selections (Part III) - ...
- 13 West Street Poster - 1962
- Custom Pinatas, Crafts, & Vintage Americana
- 1986 "RAD" Vans Shoes Poster
- Bates Accessories Ford Wagon - 1955
- SOLD - Late 50's / Early 60's BSA Motorcycle Jacke...
- 1935 Harley
- The Reason for the Season! Merry Christmas from No...
- Vintage Fulton Visors Christmas Ad
- Gang Busters - 1948
- NOS 1980's Pirate Print Vans Sneakers
- Rolling Stones - Tron - 08/19/82
- The Police HD
- The Losers 1/2 Sheet Poster - 1970
- Angel Unchained 1/2 Sheet Poster - 1970
- A Couple of Knucks from Easyriders Aug 1986
- Hats Off
- Action Comics #66 Cover - Nov 1943
- Drag Cartoons - December 1963 Cover
- Art for Kelly Tires Ad - 1940's
- Film Fun Magazine Cover Art
- Scooter - 1966
- Bikini Beach - Rats MC
- Nick Lopez's '41 Knucklehead Custom - Circa 1958
- Motorcycle Gang Photo Still - 1957
- Harley Hound in the 1980's
- More Glory Stompers
- Chevys & a Mopar
- 1940's Speedway
- WWII 40's Navy Seabees Sweatshirt & Wool Watch Cap...
- Flat Tracker
- Glory Stompers Posters - 1967
- Special Sporty
- Dragstrip Riot - Lobby Card #6 - 1958
- Wild One Lobby Cards - 1953
- Easy Rider Magazine Harley 45
- Carnival Wife
- Mark Bourassa's "Powerage" w/ Paint by Rory Pentec...
- Early Racers
- Glory Stompers Pan
- Early 70's Biker Cover Art
- Outlaw Angels
- Heist Angels - 1967
- Whatever Happened to Vern's Triumph?
- Sparetime JP's Mooneyes Yokohama 2010 Hot Rod Cust...
- Southern California in the Mid 60's!
- Beck Catalog Selections - 1948 - 1959
- Selections from Barred Outlaw Motorcycle Magazine ...
- Mark B. & Friends - SF Bay Area - Late 70's
- Canada Dry Flatty
- Stanislaus PD's Motorcycle Cops - 1948
- AMA Modesto Chapter - 1948
- Early 60's Pre-unit Triumph Flat Tracker
- Mark Bourassa's Bay Area K Model Digger
- Vintage 60's Ed Roth T-shirt & Decal Art
- Vintage BMX Race Photos
- E.K. in Training!
- "ElecTRONica" @ Disney's California Adventure
- 1960's / Early 70's Harley Davidson T-shirt
- Asphalt Gods - A Photographic History of the Heath...
- Flat Trackin' in Detroit - '65!
- ▼ December (66)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
My brother found this super cool pair of early Red Wing Irish Setter Work boots from the Mid-1950's. According to one of th...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...