ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
"Dramatic original photograph of an early San Francisco hill climb. Rider Charlie Artal jumps off his Harley Davidson motorcycle in an unsuccessful bid to reach the top of the hill. His post World War II Harley Davidson looks like it might be the 45 cubic inch flathead WR racing motorcycle." Thanks Epinut for the ID as the bike is a VL contrary to what the caption says!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I never made it to this skateboard exhibit but I just saw it has been extended through August 29, 2010! For more details click on the California Heritage Musuem's page here!
"The California Heritage Museum is proud to present 'SKATEBOARD: Evolution and Art in California.' The show opens to the general public on Saturday, November 14, 2009 and continues through Sunday, August 29, 2010.
Guest curated by legendary Z-boy Nathan Pratt in conjunction with museum staff curator Michael Trotter and advisory committee members Jeff Ho, Skip Engblom (Zephyr co-founders), Cris Dawson (1966 Hobie Champ), Z-Boys Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta, and 1980’s world champion Christian Hosoi, the exhibition traces the evolution of boards from pre-1950 to the present showcasing the riders, designers, artists, and manufacturers that created the California phenomenon known as the skateboard. From the first planks of wood with metal roller skate wheels nailed to the bottom to the modern polyurethane wheels and kicktails, the boards have rocketed the skaters to greater heights of performance and style while taking “sidewalk surfing” from a homegrown activity to a worldwide cultural phenomenon.
More than 275 rare boards from the world’s finest collections including Jason Cohn, Dale Smith/Skate Designs Inc., Todd Huber/Skatelab Skatepark, Ray Flores, James Lang/South Bay Skates."
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
While I was grabbing dinner tonight I was shocked to see this old '40 Ford outside the mall (and I happened to have my camera in the car). Though the car is sitting too high for my taste and I don't dig the tinting and the dash tachometer, the two-tone paint job didn't look half bad and the louvers look nice!
Hon from Throttle MC (Canada) has a very cool blog and took some terrific photos at the Born Free 2 Show which I discovered through links on both LOVE Cycle's page as well as Rat Nao's Speed Age Blogspot! Hon has a very cool Flatty in the works you should check out and I really dug this custom flathead 80 he posted from the Born Free Show. The pre-unit front end and brake set up, Lee foot clutch, rare blue bates solo seat, Flanders u-risers, cool sissybar, and Beck grips make this machine a winner in my book! Check out Throttle
Wow!!! Brent's "Dirty Diamond" knuckle in the works at Garage Company. From the looks of this picture I'm sure its going to turn out incredibly cool!
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- High Flying Terrier!
- Alex Oxley's "Stranger in Paradise" Cartoon - 1961...
- The 50cc Racer in Action!
- Late 50's / Early 60's Triumph Pre-unit TT Racer!
- 1941 National Class "A" & "B" Hillclimb Poster!
- San Francisco Hill Climb!
- The Hard Ride Movie Stills - 1971
- Vintage 1960's Cycle Cartoon Pop Art Trunks
- A Couple of 1920s HD Hillclimbers!
- 1920's HD Hillclimber!
- Harley WR Racers!
- Skateboard: Evolution and Art in California Exhib...
- A Poor Man's Bonneville! - 1966
- 1964 / 1965 Bell 500 TX Helmet Ads!
- Mid 60's Harley Davidson Checker Print T-shirts!
- Mid 60's MC Drags @ Lions!
- The "Barn Job" on Acceleration!
- Mid 60's Death Valley Run!
- Pre-unit Triumph Salt Racer!
- 1940 Ford Coupe!
- Late 30's Pre-unit Bob
- Paul Bunyan Tour - May 29-31 1964!
- Throttle MC Blog!
- Class 'A' Hillclimbers!
- 1964 Detroit Autorama Trumpets!
- "Skate-A-Go-Go" Motorized Skateboard - Circa 1965!...
- Rat Nao & "The Speed Age" Blogspot!
- Dick Rios' "Two Timer" & "One Timer" Pre-unit Drag...
- HRD & Vincent Race Bikes!
- "The Pterodactyls" Blogspot
- "Vintage Dreams" Blogspot!
- Bobbed BSA!
- A Couple O' Pre-units!
- 1972 Street Chopper / Hot Bike MC Cards - Set of 6...
- Herman's DRAGULA from Munster Go Home! - 1966
- Early 60's Fresno Hells Angels Knuckle Photos!
- Velocette Mark VIII KTT
- Trevor Jackson Vincent Special!
- Drag-Strip Hotrodders Comic - March 1967
- Poison Love Poster - Circa 1967!
- Mr. Ed Chopper Art - 1960's
- Chris Tattersall JAP Special
- British Helmets & Goggles in 1961!
- Italian On Any Sunday Poster from 1972!
- Cycles Rolling Through Town
- Graffiti Art by ZAO
- Wil's Fantastic 69 Shovel!
- 1948 Chevy Fleetline - In the Heart of Santa Ana!
- The Angus Vaughn Locke Baby Shower
- British Sprint Bikes Circa 1961!
- Dennis Hopper's (Cowboy's) Knucklehead - Key Witne...
- Fresno HA Knucklehead Photo Teaser
- The Norton Sprinter!
- Steve Mcqueen's Great Escape Pre-unit Triumph!
- Rebel Riders German Lobby Card (Rebel Rousers) Cir...
- Hot Car Girl - 1958!
- Kiyo's 1947 Knuckle - Street Chopper Spring 2010 F...
- Choppers from the Air!
- Dual Carbed Sporty Drag Bike!
- Front Page Detective Biker Gal Cover
- Joe's 1947 Knucklehead Custom - Street Chopper Spr...
- 1953 Wild One Window Card!
- Gleaming the Cube - 1988!
- Old Felt Motorcycle Jacket Patches - 50's & Earlie...
- Cycle Craft T-shirt Graphics - 1979!
- Remembering Dennis Hopper!
- ▼ June (66)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
It's safe to say I'm a huge fan of WWII USN deck jackets. Though they're not very practical for wear unless its very cold out ...
"According to motorcycle lore, '74 or More' was a term coined by Bill 'Hillbilly' Hill in the sixties while he was in B...
I haven't received my copy yet but from what I understand this book has at least 75 photos of the Detroit Outlaws Motorcycle Club from ...