ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Saturday, July 30, 2011
I'm watching this movie right now on Netflix and would have to say its pretty interesting. There's an Ariel Square 4 and a Pre-unit Swingarm Triumph with Flanders risers. Check the Netflix link a few of posts below if you're interested in watching the film. There's also some decent desert riding footage as well!
Friday, July 29, 2011
First of all I'd like to apologize to Wild Child's Custom Shop on an earlier post, now corrected, in which I said one of their trikes was built by Ed Roth. My mistake. Wild Child was nice enough to email a couple of pictures over, which I attached above, as well as the front end picture which I found on their Facebook page. Check out Wild Child HERE!
Monday, July 25, 2011
I had no idea all of these movies were available on Netflix for instant viewing but here are some of the selections (a few of these titles aren't readily available on DVD):
1) Angel Unchained (1970)
2) C.C. & Company (1970)
3) Chrome & Hot Leather (1971)
4) Cycle Savages (1969)
5) Devil's Angels (1967)
6) Glory Stompers, the (1968)
7) Hard Ride, the (1971)
8) Hot Angel, the (1958)
9) Mini-Skirt Mob (1968)
10) Peace Killers, the (1971)
11) Thrashin' (1986)
12) Twilight Zone - Black Leather Jackets (Season 5, Episode 19 - 1964)
If you like old '50s Hot Rod B-Movies you'll be glad to know Netflix now has Hot Rod Gang from 1958 on their instant watch queue. I've only seen this film offered before as a bootleg VHS and in horrible quality but the Netflix version is in very nice shape. The movie features a cool Harley Police Panhead and some great live footage from Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps. The movie also stars John Ashley who's in a few of the other Hot Rod Films as well as Motorcycle Gang (1957) and some of the '60s beach movies, and interestingly enough Ashley's voice was used in the A-Team Television series during the helicopter introduction right before the theme song would play. Here's the Netflix LINK if interested! Enjoy!
Sunday, July 24, 2011
There's a cool feature of this incredible custom Econoline in the current issue of Rod & Kulture Magazine, which is 40% off at any closing Border's Bookstores. Its worth a check. For an earlier post with Rik Hoving pictures click HERE!
Saturday, July 23, 2011
#1, #2, and #3!
Friday, July 22, 2011
This poster just arrived in the mail today and its absolutely killer and original and measures 22-1/2" x 34-3/4" from some old guy's shop. This streamliner as well as the cooler pre-unit rigid made the cover of the November 1955 issue of Cycle Magazine. Paul of Show & Go did an awesome post on the streamliner and rigid a couple of years ago HERE. Check it out!
Thanks to Rene of Australia for sending over the great Wild Child LINK from the Jalopy Journal with color and black & white photos of this very cool trike (pages 4 - 7). Enjoy! (Thanks for the clarification as I figured Roth built this machine!)
Thursday, July 21, 2011
I just spoke with a guy today who will be selling his original 60's Dave Mann / Ed Roth poster series prints and I will be listing them here on Nostalgia for direct sale. Pricing will range from $75 - $125 and posters will be sold on a first come, first serve basis through the gentleman's email. These originals may have pin holes or small tears but I will give all the condition details. So far I know he has the following prints and should be receiving a list very soon with the contact information:
* A Taste of Honey / Bikes, Booze, and Broads (8-7/8" x 13-7/8") - $75.00 - ONE (1) COPY AVAILABLE
* Psychadelic Love Temple (8-7/8" X 14") - $75.00 - ONE (1) COPY AVAILABLE
* Tijuana Jail Break (10" x 15-5/8") - $125.00 - ONE (1) COPY AVAILABLE (SALE PENDING)
NOTE ON 07/22/11: I THINK I CONFUSED A FEW PEOPLE BY LISTING THE WHOLE SERIES OF ROTH / MANN POSTERS AS ONLY ABOUT FIVE (5) MAY BE AVAILABLE FROM MY SOURCE. I'M CURRENTLY CHECKING WITH ANOTHER POTENTIAL SOURCE BUT DON'T WANT TO DISSAPOINT SO I'M ONLY GOING TO LIST THE POSTERS I KNOW FOR FACT ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST AS I HEAR BACK FROM THE CONTACT(S). AGAIN, ONLY A HANDFUL OF POSTERS MAY BE AVAILABLE, NOT THE ENTIRE SET / SERIES!
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- The Hot Angel - 1958
- HD Riding Sweater - 1920's
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles at War - WWII
- Argosy Magazine WWII Cover Art - "Lunch Break"
- Wild Child's Custom Shop
- Rodder's Journal Early Custom Photos - 1959 - 1964...
- 1960's / 1970's Biker Movies & More on Netflix Ins...
- Hot Rod Gang Movie - 1958 - on Netflix (Gene Vince...
- Van-Go Econoline Custom Featured in Issue 26 of Ro...
- New Howard Gribble Original 60's Custom Bike Photo...
- ORIGINAL 1955 Johnny Allen Triumph Streamliner Wor...
- Cool Wild Child's Custom Shop Trike
- Wild Knuckle
- Vincent Von Locke
- The Birth of Verticle
- FOR SALE (Soon) - Original 1960's Dave Mann Biker ...
- Dave Mann's "Stopping Chicago Peace Demonstrators"...
- Dave Mann's "Tijuana Jailbreak" - 1966 Ed Roth Bik...
- Dave Mann's "Blackboard Cafe" - 1966 Ed Roth Biker...
- Dave Mann's "Hollywood Run" - 1966 Ed Roth Biker P...
- Wild Guitar - 1962
- Late 70's / Early 80's Hang Ten Poster
- Captain America
- Random Motorcycle Press Photos
- The Crazy World of the Two-Wheeled Sling Shots - J...
- Bates Leathers & Accessories Brochure - Early '60s...
- Another Born Free T-shirt
- Ed Roth's Choppers Magazine Cover Collage
- Mark Drews' 1957 Triumph "Solitary Confinement" - ...
- The Wild Ride Lobby Cards - 1960
- Cycle Outpost's New "Parts Department" is Open 4 B...
- Jeff Decker's 1952 Vincent Black Lightning Custom ...
- Waco Auto Wrecking Co. Photo
- Hauser Bros. Harley Davidson - Oregon
- BMX Bandits Poster - 1984
- Revell Custom Bike Show Model Diorama
- Mike Carver's 1955 Triumph Custom
- Here Come the Trumps!
- 1960 Hubley T-Bucket Hot Rod Toy
- SOLD - Original 1969 Easy Rider Dennis Hopper Panh...
- WWI Daredevil Fighter Piolet Flight Jacket & Cap
- "Black Widow" BSA Drag Bike
- Gun Engraving Meets the Custom Motorcycle - Part I...
- FOR SALE - 1987 Madrid Skateboards Bat Rails Sweat...
- The Skate Library
- 1963 Ed Roth "Chicken Delight" Original Decal / T-...
- Wild Angels Movie Poster Art - 1966
- ATR's 1960's Of the Taco Tee
- 1963 Ed Roth "Honda Honey" Original Decal / T-shir...
- 1964 Ed Roth "Swamp Rat" Original Decal / T-shirt ...
- Show Dresser
- Late 60's / 70's Van Doren Shoe Box
- Carlsbad Raceway 1965
- Cheap Trick - 1979
- East Side Story Compilation Oldies LPs
- Selections from USS Piedmont Destroyer Personal In...
- Randy Smith's "Hawg Wild" Panhead
- The Knuck
- Newly Updated 60's Chopper Photos from Howard Grib...
- Van-Go Custom Ford Econoline!
- Additional Larry Watson Custom Motorcycle Photos -...
- Mason's "Cycle Outpost" Blogsite!
- Happy 4th of July Weekend!
- ▼ July (64)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
My brother found this super cool pair of early Red Wing Irish Setter Work boots from the Mid-1950's. According to one of th...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...