ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Some of these stills are duplicates for sure but I didn't see them come up on the search function. Anyhow, here are thirteen nice original shots from Bruce Brown's On Any Sunday film which I'm sure everyone has seen by now but its a landmark classic no less!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Lets face it, there is no 3/4 helmet available that will protect your face if you get thrown in harm's way. Though none of these suggestions is truly practical, each does provide a small layer of cushion between the rider's face and road. The first example is a mid 50' Rawlings Football helmet with thick plastic face guard, secondly there's a Tony Nancy style vinyl/rubber shield (which appears to be more of a face warmer than a guard), and finally there's an early 60's Buco helmet with an 80's bmx hard rubber face mask and googles. Conclusion, you're still much better off with one of these:
Friday, February 26, 2010
Here are a few great shots of Steve McQueen from the Great Escape. The first one pictures him, or rather stunt double Bud Ekins, jumping the barb wire stockade fence. The second shot shows Mcqueen getting sent to cooler after a failed tunneling attempt. The third captures Steve and another POW wheeling along potatoes to be used in making home-made fire water. Mcqueen's sweatshirt and pants are available through the Japanese vintage-era clothing manufacturer, Toys McCoy!
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- On Any Sunday Photo Stills!
- Humble Pie - Rock On
- Protecting Your Face with the 3/4 Helmet?
- Lions Drag Strip in 1966!
- Hap Jones in 1966!
- Great Escape Photo Stills - Circa 1963!
- Hap Jones Distributing Co. in 1970!
- EK in 1971!
- New - Bell 500 Custom Helmet
- Scott Pommier's "Chasing Thunder" Photo Book
- Harley K Model Front End with Pre-unit Styling
- Easy Rider Photos Stills from 1969!
- Scott Craig's Scallywag from GNRS 2004!
- A Plumber's Nightmare!
- Hot Bike Japan March 2010 - Sneak Peak!
- Wanted: Pair of MCA or Wassell Float Bowl Extensi...
- The Finless Wonder - Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Conley Would Go!!!
- 1966 Oakland Roadster Show Bikes
- Dave Mann / Roth Prints
- Cafe Sporty Aims to Please!
- Dick Hirschberg's Toys on Two Wheels
- Sporty on the Salt!
- The Balancing Act
- Were Webco Float Bowl Extensions Made for 689 Amal...
- 1967 Triumph TR6C 650 Chopper For Sale @ Hell on W...
- Twinkle Glitter - the Real Metal Flake?
- A Rebel & His Bike! Circa 1985
- The "Two Timer" Twin Engine Drag Bike at Auction!
- Interesting Bates Sweater
- Cycle Psychos LP
- Kelsey Martin Swingarm Pre-unit Revisited!
- Uncharted Waters
- Rainbow Tanked Pre-unit Custom Circa '61
- Drilled Sporty for Salt!
- Jay Cruz's Econoline Custom
- New Street Chopper Articles
- Outlaw Riders Poster Circa 1971
- Tony Nancy Upholstery
- Color Wheels!
- Classic Keith Weesner Bike Art!
- 1967 Dave Mann "Born to Ride"
- 2010 Grand National Roadster Show Awards
- 1960s Drag Boat Power Plant
- Stone, Woods & Cook "Hydro Stick" Cartoon
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...