ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Were Webco Float Bowl Extensions Made for 689 Amals or Just 389's?
I have a dilemma with my amal float bowl extension on the right side 689 carb. As you can see from this view, the holes are identically located in both extensions which appears correct.
Now look at the little post sticking up to the left on the bottom hole on both float extensions. These posts are supposed to contact the float needle and are positioned correctly for the Amal 389 (left) and everything is working fine on the left side.
Now imagine these extensions are on the both carbs as the squared areas lining up the screw holes should be in the same position on each side (for the mirror image cabs). You can see the squared post on the left side in the proper position at around 9 o'clock, but the post on the right side is at 5 o'clock instead of at 3' o'clock to contact the float needle. My real question is did AMAL make these type of float extensions solely for 389's or were they also manufactured for 689's? If there is a 689 verison I would love to get my hands on one!
In this picture the pen is pointing to the float needle which has to line up with the post on extension. I've been having leakage out the bottom of the carb where the extension is bolted to the float chamber and also the tickler will get stuck and gas just pours out.
Here are a couple of better monobloc sections, one with an exploded view showing the float needle and the other looking straight on at the float chamber. If anyone knows if Webco made an extension for a right hander 689 and would be willing to sell it that would be awesome!
- ► 2017 (55)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- On Any Sunday Photo Stills!
- Humble Pie - Rock On
- Protecting Your Face with the 3/4 Helmet?
- Lions Drag Strip in 1966!
- Hap Jones in 1966!
- Great Escape Photo Stills - Circa 1963!
- Hap Jones Distributing Co. in 1970!
- EK in 1971!
- New - Bell 500 Custom Helmet
- Scott Pommier's "Chasing Thunder" Photo Book
- Harley K Model Front End with Pre-unit Styling
- Easy Rider Photos Stills from 1969!
- Scott Craig's Scallywag from GNRS 2004!
- A Plumber's Nightmare!
- Hot Bike Japan March 2010 - Sneak Peak!
- Wanted: Pair of MCA or Wassell Float Bowl Extensi...
- The Finless Wonder - Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Conley Would Go!!!
- 1966 Oakland Roadster Show Bikes
- Dave Mann / Roth Prints
- Cafe Sporty Aims to Please!
- Dick Hirschberg's Toys on Two Wheels
- Sporty on the Salt!
- The Balancing Act
- Were Webco Float Bowl Extensions Made for 689 Amal...
- 1967 Triumph TR6C 650 Chopper For Sale @ Hell on W...
- Twinkle Glitter - the Real Metal Flake?
- A Rebel & His Bike! Circa 1985
- The "Two Timer" Twin Engine Drag Bike at Auction!
- Interesting Bates Sweater
- Cycle Psychos LP
- Kelsey Martin Swingarm Pre-unit Revisited!
- Uncharted Waters
- Rainbow Tanked Pre-unit Custom Circa '61
- Drilled Sporty for Salt!
- Jay Cruz's Econoline Custom
- New Street Chopper Articles
- Outlaw Riders Poster Circa 1971
- Tony Nancy Upholstery
- Color Wheels!
- Classic Keith Weesner Bike Art!
- 1967 Dave Mann "Born to Ride"
- 2010 Grand National Roadster Show Awards
- 1960s Drag Boat Power Plant
- Stone, Woods & Cook "Hydro Stick" Cartoon
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
It's safe to say I'm a huge fan of WWII USN deck jackets. Though they're not very practical for wear unless its very cold out ...
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
1 POSTER - $135.00 / EA 2 POSTERS - $125.00 / EA 3 POSTERS - $120.00 / EA 4 POSTERS - $115.00 / EA 5 POSTERS - $105.00 / EA SOLD PO...