ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Check out these wave-like modified CCE dish pans! It must have taken some painstaking effort to shape them uniformly!
Shark toothed Borrani? Keeping the wave pattern flowing around the whole must have been extremely tedious work? I bet this wheel was a pain to balance (you can see all the weights hanging from the spokes)!
Smokestack pipes to true flanged trumpet tips! I believe this bike was the main character's ride in the "Hard Ride"! These pipes are very similar to the ones on Jack Nicholson's 45 in "Rebel Rousers"!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
From the days when Von Dutch was seen for his true skill as an artist!
Brother Rat Fink "Hooray..."
Blown hemi insanity!
Brotha Rat Fink's custom Harley is incredible!
For photos from the 2006 Auction check out this link:
Monday, September 28, 2009
I remember going to the auction preview a couple of days before these Mann Originals and other rare artifacts were auctioned off and I regret taking any pictures. I found these online today and they definitely bring back some memories. The prices seemed pretty fair for the historical significance of these paintings. Check out the link for more info on each lot:
What they sold for:
Lot 0319 - Tijuana Jailbreak (1967) - $11,500
Lot 0320 - Eulogy (1968) - $4,600
Lot 0321 - Roth Studio Catalog Cover (1967) - $9,775
Lot 0322 - Blackboard Cafe (Mislabeled as "New York Run") (1966) - $4,600
Lot 0323 - Hollywood Run (1966) - $6,325
Lot 0324 - Building a Bike (1967) - $3,450
Lot 0325 - Psychedelic Love Temple (1968) - $2,185
Lot 0326 - Soul Sister (1968) - $3,450
Lot 0327 - Mojave Desert Party (1968) - $3,450
Lot 0328 - Bakersfield (1968) - $6,325
Lot 0329 - Biker Rally (1966) - $2,185
Lot 0330 - Motorcycle Funeral (1966) - $3,220
Lot 0331 - Bike Wedding (1967) - $4,830
Lot 0332 - El Forestero New Year's Eve Party (Mislabeled as "Blackboard Cafe") (1966) - $4,025
Lot 0333 - Stopping Chicago Peace Marchers (1966)- $3,450
Lot 0334 - Taste of Honey (1968) - $4,600
Lot 0335 - Ride Together, Die Together (1966) - $2,875
Lot 0336 - Dade County (1967) - $3,450
Lot 0337 - Tecote Run (1966) - $5,175
Damon is Mr. Meticulous. His sharp pre-unit has no detail overlooked from the stainless steel fasteners to the Circle City pipes and lowered, but still functional trumpet forks. Caption here would read, "Next stop, the Slater Slums!"
Wes' pre-unit screams attention-to-detail as well from Richard's Cal Modified ripple sections to frame-stayesque fabricated three stripe pipe straps, wild fender mounts and mind altering paint. I'm sure this bike will be a strong contender for next years Grand National Roadster Show. I'd like to be there myself but we'll see what happens!
Photos courtesy of Damon borrowed from Mike Davis' Born Loser Blog (see link above). Thank you sir!
Paint job appears to be variation of this crazy water droplet/scallop theme!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Sometimes I wonder why I get up early on Saturdays to head out to the local swapmeet by 6:30 AM. Usually there is much to be found except for a few records but I was digging through a box and pulled out this gem. Unfortunately there are faint signatures, as the owner must have used it as a grade school signature t-shirt, but the Von Sol Custom Paint graphic is awesome. I honestly don't know who Von Sol is but I would date this as a pre-1974 t-shirt.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
I can't remember where I saw this before but the Wild One clips set to Robert Gordon's tune flow really nicely. I can't say I listen to very much Rockabilly these days but I'm always up for a Robert Gordon record! (Should come up as HQ, high quality, but if not hit the button)
Harpoon's paint and the white Bates p-pad were meant for each other. The pad isn't cinched down all the way but this gives you an idea. The pearl white side panels line up with the p-pad side lines almost perfectly with the black striping still being visible; very nicely done!
Just to let you know, if anybody is interested I'll be at the Peterson Automotive Museum tomorrow afternoon with my main mission to snap as many detailed photos as I can of the Ed Roth Mega Cycle. I will be posting a couple and the rest will go to Show & Go (see link above) so Paul can continue his feature on the Mega Cycle. I already have a small list of Show Rods / Customs friends want pictures of but if you're out of state or the country and can't attend but still would like me to photograph a specific car or trike, or a specific aspect of the vehicle, like motor, interior, etc. then please go through the attached link and either post a comment here with the Lot number and shots you want or you can email me and I'll try to accomodate your requests. I will then include all these pictures over a few days either this weekend or early next week. Here's the link: http://www.rmauctions.com/CarList-RW.cfm?SaleCode=RW09 . I can take requests up till Friday 09/25/09 at 12:00 noon at Pacific Time and then I'm going to make my final list and head up to Los Angeles!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I picked up my fender tonight from Harpoon and I will have to say I am very impressed. I think I originally told him I was looking for pearl white only on the fender and that the tank would have pearl white with candy pink and green. Needless to say he was able to translate this scheme onto the fender. The pink cobbwebbing looks great and I was told he used 40 year old vintage laquer. The striping cleans everything up nicely. Looking at those p-pad holes it would appear the pillion is going to be gianormous but the long white leather Bates pad should fit nicely. If you're wondering what the two holes are for well they will be rubber grommeted and the wiring will run in and under the fender and then up to the lights on the sissybar. The tank is to come in about a months time and I'll post pictures of that as soon as it arrives and after it gets cartooned and lettered. (For paint schemes, color options, pricing, and scheduling contact John "the Harpoon" through the FMA blogsite-see link above)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Headturning Details!
- Angel Unchained Poster from 1970
- World's Fastest Indian - 2005
- Rocket Skates???
- Funkshun Junkshun
- More 2006 Brucker Auction Jems
- Wild & Crazy Swedish Custom
- Dave Mann Originals @ The 2006 Brucker Collection ...
- Mr. Gasser & the Wierdos LP
- Space Age Show Car Interiors!
- Safety First!
- Great T-shirt Mr. Dylan
- Early 70s Von Sol Custom Paint T-shirt
- Mega Cycle Teaser (Sold for $60,500, Seems Low)
- The Wild One Set to Robert Gordon's "Too Fast to L...
- Fender & P-pad
- Subtle Hints
- Blown Unit Monster!
- Mickey Hall's Pre-unit Drag Bike
- RM Auction Photo Requests for 09/25/09
- Bob Boyle Santa Cruz Sticker
- The Angry Breed - 1968
- The Ribbed Fender is Back!
- Born Free Cycle Show - 09/26/09
- Cycles South - 1971
- Swingin' Summer Poster
- 1967 - Captain Pepi's Motorcycle & Zeppelin Repair...
- Motorcycle Gang - 1957
- The Ride That Burns!
- Unique Fiberglass Gas Tank
- Sporty Spice and Everything Nice!
- Flickr Pre-Unit Twins Gallery
- Salty Trumpet Racer!
- Cool Molding!
- Roth Monster Tees Circa 1964
- Cycle Zombies 3rd Annual MC Rally & BBQ - 09/26/09...
- WWII Side Hack
- 1969 Wild Wheels Posters
- Stylish Sportster!
- 1953 Wild One Movie Pressbook
- Mini-Skirt Mob Poster - Circa 1968
- Robt. William's 1966 Watts Sweatshirt Art
- Blown Lightning!
- The '60s Beach Film Craze
- Real Clean & Basic Panhead Custom!
- Skateboarding in 1967
- 1963 Weirdo-ohs-Type Mani-Yack T-shirt Transfers
- 1st Annual Brooklyn Invitational Custom Bike Show ...
- 1966 Weekend Warriors Drag Racing Poster (Hi Def)
- 1950s Wild One "Ring of Fire" Photo Still
- Late 60's / Early 70's Chopper Photos
- Gordon the Goat's Triumph Revisited
- A Couple of Danny Lyon Bikerider Photos
- Hellcats Movie Soundtrack Back Cover
- 1950s Hook-Fast Motorcycle Cap - James Dean
- Smith's James Dean Zundapp Poster
- 1968 Roach "Asphalt Animal" Iron-on Transfer
- Pre-unit with Twin Tips
- Bob Ludvigson's "Scorpion" at the Show
- Late 50's - Early 70's Riddell Kra-Lite Suspension...
- Cheesy Riders
- 1967 Devils Angels "Skulls" Levis Big E 70505 Vest...
- Wild Angels Photo Still!
- Rocked by the Rockers!
- Batman on Wheels
- Roth 1964 Comic Cover (Hi Resolution)
- Rat Fink Circa 1986 - Totally 80s (High Res)
- BMX Bandits - 1983 (Super Hi Res)
- Jack Emmott 820cc Pre-Unit Big Bore Kit...
- 50s / 60s Hap Jones Waterslide Decal
- 1960 Wild Ones Lobby Card - Super Hi Res!
- 1939 Clothier Interview
- 1968 Roach Studios Triumph T-shirt Iron-on Transfe...
- The Wild Injun!
- FOR SALE - Honda Cafe Racer by Seth of Portland
- Spectacular Swingarm
- A Mother & Her Triumph - 1950s
- On Any Sunday in "High Definition"
- 2004 Honda CB50R Road Race Bike
- ▼ September (82)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The jacket with these labels is up for sale HERE if interested and the auction times out on Wednesday 12/07/11 at 9:28 PST!
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The padded racing jacket above is the epitome of what a custom Bates leather is all about with the alternating black and yellow diamonds. ...
"Slash" cut pockets used again. This styling isn't as desirable as as the two other styles below but I still like it nonethe...
I spotted this car in Ventura, CA a few weeks back. I'm not sure if its an original or a reproduction but it was p...