FOR SALE

FOR SALE
NOSTALGIA-ON-WHEELS ON EBAY

.

.
Nostalgia on Wheels Shoppe (on Etsy) - Check it out!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New - Bell 500 Custom Helmet


I received an email early today from a Bell Helmets representative regarding a new 500 Custom open face helmet which is supposed to be a DOT version of the 500TX. He offered to send me one so when I get it I'll take some comparsion pictures with an early Buco, as I don't have a 500TX. The only problem I've found with new open face DOT helmets is that they look so ginormous they are too ridiculous to even wear. This helmet is supposed to have a small shell, and though I'm sure it will not be as small as the old 500TX's or early RT's, it is legal to wear on the street. One notable design feature is the chrome strip which looks like a slimmed down version of the Arthur Fulmer's border strip. I think Bell should ditch the fancy graphics options and just do plain white version and a solid orange one for a more classic appearance. The specifications are as follows and you can read more about this and other Bell helmets at http://www.bellpowersports.com/:

Bell Custom 500 Helmet Specs:

Custom Fiberglass Shell
Custom-Quilted Liner
Chrome Trim (Some Colors)
Custom Paint Look
Integrated Snaps for Visors/Shields
Low Profile Design
Padded chin strap with D-ring closure and strap keeper
Strap Keeper
Vintage Appeal
Five-Year warranty
DOT Approved
Weight: +/- 880 grams
Only 1500 Helmets Available for Limited Edition Models

5 comments:

Adam Nickel said...

I know the chances of a modern DOT compliant helmet looking cool are slim to none, but my are fingers crossed.

Stretch said...

I know the chances are slim to none but I have to at least try at on since the Bell salesman was nice enough to offer one up for free!

Geoff said...

I quite like them, even if they are quite large.

Sean McLaughlin said...

Did you get the Helmet in yet? I'd love to hear what you thought of it... how's it compare in size to some of the Davida helmets?

Stretch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive

Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites

Nostalgia's Audience as of September 7, 2009 @ 11:00AM PST

free counters