ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
New - Bell 500 Custom Helmet
I received an email early today from a Bell Helmets representative regarding a new 500 Custom open face helmet which is supposed to be a DOT version of the 500TX. He offered to send me one so when I get it I'll take some comparsion pictures with an early Buco, as I don't have a 500TX. The only problem I've found with new open face DOT helmets is that they look so ginormous they are too ridiculous to even wear. This helmet is supposed to have a small shell, and though I'm sure it will not be as small as the old 500TX's or early RT's, it is legal to wear on the street. One notable design feature is the chrome strip which looks like a slimmed down version of the Arthur Fulmer's border strip. I think Bell should ditch the fancy graphics options and just do plain white version and a solid orange one for a more classic appearance. The specifications are as follows and you can read more about this and other Bell helmets at http://www.bellpowersports.com/:
Bell Custom 500 Helmet Specs:
Custom Fiberglass Shell
Chrome Trim (Some Colors)
Custom Paint Look
Integrated Snaps for Visors/Shields
Low Profile Design
Padded chin strap with D-ring closure and strap keeper
Weight: +/- 880 grams
Only 1500 Helmets Available for Limited Edition Models
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- On Any Sunday Photo Stills!
- Humble Pie - Rock On
- Protecting Your Face with the 3/4 Helmet?
- Lions Drag Strip in 1966!
- Hap Jones in 1966!
- Great Escape Photo Stills - Circa 1963!
- Hap Jones Distributing Co. in 1970!
- EK in 1971!
- New - Bell 500 Custom Helmet
- Scott Pommier's "Chasing Thunder" Photo Book
- Harley K Model Front End with Pre-unit Styling
- Easy Rider Photos Stills from 1969!
- Scott Craig's Scallywag from GNRS 2004!
- A Plumber's Nightmare!
- Hot Bike Japan March 2010 - Sneak Peak!
- Wanted: Pair of MCA or Wassell Float Bowl Extensi...
- The Finless Wonder - Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Conley Would Go!!!
- 1966 Oakland Roadster Show Bikes
- Dave Mann / Roth Prints
- Cafe Sporty Aims to Please!
- Dick Hirschberg's Toys on Two Wheels
- Sporty on the Salt!
- The Balancing Act
- Were Webco Float Bowl Extensions Made for 689 Amal...
- 1967 Triumph TR6C 650 Chopper For Sale @ Hell on W...
- Twinkle Glitter - the Real Metal Flake?
- A Rebel & His Bike! Circa 1985
- The "Two Timer" Twin Engine Drag Bike at Auction!
- Interesting Bates Sweater
- Cycle Psychos LP
- Kelsey Martin Swingarm Pre-unit Revisited!
- Uncharted Waters
- Rainbow Tanked Pre-unit Custom Circa '61
- Drilled Sporty for Salt!
- Jay Cruz's Econoline Custom
- New Street Chopper Articles
- Outlaw Riders Poster Circa 1971
- Tony Nancy Upholstery
- Color Wheels!
- Classic Keith Weesner Bike Art!
- 1967 Dave Mann "Born to Ride"
- 2010 Grand National Roadster Show Awards
- 1960s Drag Boat Power Plant
- Stone, Woods & Cook "Hydro Stick" Cartoon
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
This Dukes San Gabriel Valley 1948 Chevy Fleetline was at the Chinga Las Vegas Show last weekend looking the part! Great car!
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
The BECK logo in the early '60s! I had no idea ANDERSON footpegs were being made this early. I thought they were just a late 60s or ...
Thanks to Ragin', Full-On for sending the link to this original 1966 Wild Angels vest currently up on Ebay with abou...