ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Richie @ the Cycle-Go-Round!
I got an email today from Richard who had seen a previous post with a similar Cycle inspired Merry-go-Round and he sent this picture with the following history:
The minute I saw that photo I knew exactly what ride that was.
As a kid, it was a definite favorite (go figure) and I knew I had at least one picture of it somewhere that, strictly by accident (no one in my family is a very good photographer) had a decent shot of the bike.
Well...this past weekend I had visited my folks & sure enough...here it is.
I'd been on this ride a lot as a kid as it seemed to be a "Regular Attraction" at the local fairs and carnivals here in Massachusetts.
This photo has got to be (I'm guessing here) from 1976, or maybe 1977 & I know for sure it was taken at the now long gone Weymouth Fairgrounds.
Thanks to Richard for sending this awesome picture and taking the Nostalgia audience on a stroll through memory lane! To see the photo from the earlier post click on the link: http://nostalgiaonwheels.blogspot.com/2010/01/cycle-go-round.html
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- '52 Ranfla
- Sidewalk Surfers & a Stingray!
- Bates Sweaters Circa 1977
- Trials of LIFE!
- Stocker Knuck & Pan!
- Harley Indian Excelsior 1919 Racing Team Photos!
- American Motorcycling Magazine: 1955 - 1979 Onlin...
- Vintage Speedway LIFE!
- Los Angeles Police Harleys
- A Few Lobby Cards from Motorcycle Gang - 1957
- Cool Triumph Swingarm Custom!
- 1910 Seattle Motorcycle Club Speedway Race Flyer!
- National Race Photos!
- Starting the Motor!
- Bonneville in 1954!
- Roland Free @ Bonneville in 1948!
- 1920's - 1930's Dirt Track Racing Tobacco Cards
- Garage Company's 1947 Supercharged Triumph
- Big Bear Race Photos
- The Black Six - 1973 (Movie Poster)
- Mega Cycle Auction Catalog Write-up
- Jackson 5 on Wheels!
- Sickle Surfin'!
- Hell on Wheels M/C Moto Rally - 06/05/10
- Santa Ana Drags!
- Hill Climb Sequence!
- Dealers & Colors
- Chicago Cycle-Rama '69 Flyers
- The Sidehackers - 1969
- Twin Knuckle Drag Bike!
- Another Quarter Turn Left!
- The Cycle Girls
- Daytona Beach - 1948 LIFE
- Wall of Death - 1949
- Cycle World Reader's Drag Bike Circa 1963!
- Sonic Gas Tank
- Painting the Gasser
- Two 'Angels" Article with Bruce Dern & Diane Ladd ...
- Ride on Wild Side from 1965!
- Hells Angels on Wheels Pressbook Cover
- A Case for Shock Value or Just Plain Bad Taste?
- "Cyclists' Raid" by Frank Rooney
- Steve McQueen - A Loser Makes it Big - Saturday Ev...
- Motorcycle Gang Photo Stills from 1957!
- Show & Go Cycle's Gigantic Memorabilia Sale!
- Bill Ray LIFE Selections!
- The Common Bond!
- Hillclimb Action!
- Saturday Evening Post Cover - 04/07/51
- Most Unpopular Men on the Road
- Hell's Angels Article - Saturday Evening Post 11/2...
- Great Escape Promotionals & Lobby Cards with Steve...
- Al Chioda's Chicago Cycle Specialties in 1967 or 1...
- 1967 S&K Speed & Cycle Catalog - Freeport, Illinoi...
- Beach Blanket Beatdown?
- Hell on Wheels Blogspot!
- Wild Angels Lobby Cards from 1966!
- Hells Angels '69 Lobby Cards
- The Limit - 1972
- 1967 Show-Go Chopper Model Kit
- Every Which Way But Loose - 1978
- Ed Roth US Patent 3,776,353 - Trike - Circa 1973
- The Motorcycle Gangs - Loners and Outsiders by Hun...
- Bike to the Future / Some Things Never Change: Pa...
- Richie @ the Cycle-Go-Round!
- Knuckle on Salt!
- Flanders on the Rise!
- ▼ March (69)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...