ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Richie @ the Cycle-Go-Round!
I got an email today from Richard who had seen a previous post with a similar Cycle inspired Merry-go-Round and he sent this picture with the following history:
The minute I saw that photo I knew exactly what ride that was.
As a kid, it was a definite favorite (go figure) and I knew I had at least one picture of it somewhere that, strictly by accident (no one in my family is a very good photographer) had a decent shot of the bike.
Well...this past weekend I had visited my folks & sure enough...here it is.
I'd been on this ride a lot as a kid as it seemed to be a "Regular Attraction" at the local fairs and carnivals here in Massachusetts.
This photo has got to be (I'm guessing here) from 1976, or maybe 1977 & I know for sure it was taken at the now long gone Weymouth Fairgrounds.
Thanks to Richard for sending this awesome picture and taking the Nostalgia audience on a stroll through memory lane! To see the photo from the earlier post click on the link: http://nostalgiaonwheels.blogspot.com/2010/01/cycle-go-round.html
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- '52 Ranfla
- Sidewalk Surfers & a Stingray!
- Bates Sweaters Circa 1977
- Trials of LIFE!
- Stocker Knuck & Pan!
- Harley Indian Excelsior 1919 Racing Team Photos!
- American Motorcycling Magazine: 1955 - 1979 Onlin...
- Vintage Speedway LIFE!
- Los Angeles Police Harleys
- A Few Lobby Cards from Motorcycle Gang - 1957
- Cool Triumph Swingarm Custom!
- 1910 Seattle Motorcycle Club Speedway Race Flyer!
- National Race Photos!
- Starting the Motor!
- Bonneville in 1954!
- Roland Free @ Bonneville in 1948!
- 1920's - 1930's Dirt Track Racing Tobacco Cards
- Garage Company's 1947 Supercharged Triumph
- Big Bear Race Photos
- The Black Six - 1973 (Movie Poster)
- Mega Cycle Auction Catalog Write-up
- Jackson 5 on Wheels!
- Sickle Surfin'!
- Hell on Wheels M/C Moto Rally - 06/05/10
- Santa Ana Drags!
- Hill Climb Sequence!
- Dealers & Colors
- Chicago Cycle-Rama '69 Flyers
- The Sidehackers - 1969
- Twin Knuckle Drag Bike!
- Another Quarter Turn Left!
- The Cycle Girls
- Daytona Beach - 1948 LIFE
- Wall of Death - 1949
- Cycle World Reader's Drag Bike Circa 1963!
- Sonic Gas Tank
- Painting the Gasser
- Two 'Angels" Article with Bruce Dern & Diane Ladd ...
- Ride on Wild Side from 1965!
- Hells Angels on Wheels Pressbook Cover
- A Case for Shock Value or Just Plain Bad Taste?
- "Cyclists' Raid" by Frank Rooney
- Steve McQueen - A Loser Makes it Big - Saturday Ev...
- Motorcycle Gang Photo Stills from 1957!
- Show & Go Cycle's Gigantic Memorabilia Sale!
- Bill Ray LIFE Selections!
- The Common Bond!
- Hillclimb Action!
- Saturday Evening Post Cover - 04/07/51
- Most Unpopular Men on the Road
- Hell's Angels Article - Saturday Evening Post 11/2...
- Great Escape Promotionals & Lobby Cards with Steve...
- Al Chioda's Chicago Cycle Specialties in 1967 or 1...
- 1967 S&K Speed & Cycle Catalog - Freeport, Illinoi...
- Beach Blanket Beatdown?
- Hell on Wheels Blogspot!
- Wild Angels Lobby Cards from 1966!
- Hells Angels '69 Lobby Cards
- The Limit - 1972
- 1967 Show-Go Chopper Model Kit
- Every Which Way But Loose - 1978
- Ed Roth US Patent 3,776,353 - Trike - Circa 1973
- The Motorcycle Gangs - Loners and Outsiders by Hun...
- Bike to the Future / Some Things Never Change: Pa...
- Richie @ the Cycle-Go-Round!
- Knuckle on Salt!
- Flanders on the Rise!
- ▼ March (69)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The jacket with these labels is up for sale HERE if interested and the auction times out on Wednesday 12/07/11 at 9:28 PST!
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...