ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Dating the Bates Leather Jacket
This jacket which resently sold on Ebay had dating numbers, or so it would appear, sewn into the lining at the bottom of the jacket. Having owned and seen a handful of Bates jackets I've never noticed any type of dating tag before today. It appears this jacket's "6 4" tags could possible stand for the year of manufacture, in this case 1964. Although you can ballpark date leathers based on tags and zippers it would be interesting to find out if all the Bates jackets from the early 60's on down had the same date identification tags.
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- Gabe Griffin's "Pleasuredome" Panhead Trike
- Purple & Pink Pre-unit Gems - Rik Hoving's Larry W...
- Mark Drews' 1939 HD Flathead
- Eight Wheels in '79
- 1836 Colt Revolver Set
- A Couple More of Rik Hoving's Larry Watson Collect...
- West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show - ...
- Dating the Bates Leather Jacket
- Howard Gribble's Roth / Mann Poster Hi Res Poster ...
- More Larry Watson Bike Paint Photos (Rik Hoving Co...
- Jeff Leighton's 1938 HD "Violet Fantasy" Knucklehe...
- 1940's O'Sullivan's Goodyear Police Motorcycle Boo...
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
I found this Panel Truck on an old Jockey Journal post and just love the patina, the hand lettering, and sergeant stripes!