ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Mooneyes 2010 X-mas Show Teaser w/ Mark Drews' "Solitary Confinement" Pre-unit Show Bike!
Drews' above (picture from FMA) vs. Vern's below (circa 1968!) Both are truly amazing machines!
Mark Drews' pre-unit can be seen from 1:51-2:10 on the video. What an awesome bike featuring mini HD peashooter forks, micro spool hub, bicycle type rim and tire, teeny hand carved plastic/Lucite scooped faux tank cover with inner steel tank receptacle, dual 389/689 Amal Carbs, hand-made micro flask oil bag with orig. pre-unit fittings adapted, mini pleated seat, scooped wassell ribbed fender with expanded metal shields, and hand carved inner & outer Lucite primary cover and motor mounts to name a handful of things. Also, the simple colors, chrome, black, and clear flow nicely together; less is more! In my opinion, this skinny machine has "sweepstakes winner" written all over it and it both beats and surpasses any of the late 50's/early 60's pre-unit show bikes, including Larry Howard's Glittercycle. Also, you must check the "Manic Monday" post on FMA's Site (1st post) for Drews' "Solitary Confinement" Pre-unit photos and FMA's 2nd post (also DBCUSTOMLEATHER!, Crusin' Mag, Cycle Zombies, Born Loser, and DiCE)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- Apostles - 1968
- Gabe Griffin's '48 Hang'em High Panhead Biker Maga...
- Dave Mann Inspired Knucklehead
- Hobby - '68
- 1963 Pasadena Motorcycle Club Hare Scrambles Poste...
- 1967 Biker Gathering Photos
- 1960's Rat Fink Halloween Costume
- Dennis Hopper & Knucklehead Photo Still from "Key ...
- "A Quest to Building a Dream Bike" - H.K.G's Photo...
- The Local Hero - Japan
- Elvis in Fender Bender - "Roustabout" 1964
- Veterans Day 2010
- Joyrides Art Co's Photo Feature on Job Steven's Pa...
- Bicycle Mishap
- The Word on the Street About Mark Drews' "Solitary...
- Selections from SICK Magazine's Issue 51 - Circa 1...
- SOLD - 1960s Bates Easy Rider Type Cafe Leather Ja...
- Street Low Magazine - Issue 59 (La Mission's '42 C...
- Mooneyes 2010 X-mas Show Teaser w/ Mark Drews' "So...
- The Rainbow Knuck - Angeles Salvages
- Mel's Monster Revisited
- 1968 Hells Angels Big Brother Concert Poster
- Grand National Roadster Show 2011 Entries
- The Fuhrer is Back in Town...
- The Combat Angels
- Old Slot Car / Model Car Box Art
- Motorcycle Comic Covers
- Mega Rake
- Club Funerals
- Werewolves on Wheels Harley 45
- Twin Engine Manx Drag Bike
- Nor-Vin For Sale in '67!
- Lance in 1989!
- Borrani WM-0 21" 36 Hole Alloy Rim
- Sunbeam Club Ramsgate Sprint Archives
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The road to the Steak House circa 1949 to early 1950's. (picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives ) Steak House Register Room ...
Picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives .
LOG RIDE CONCEPT MODEL (1967) LOG RIDE AS CONSTRUCTED (1969)
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
This video about Food Service, Candy Making, and the Preserves Line comes courtesy of the OC Archives . (Photo above also from the O...
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!