ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Mooneyes 2010 X-mas Show Teaser w/ Mark Drews' "Solitary Confinement" Pre-unit Show Bike!
Drews' above (picture from FMA) vs. Vern's below (circa 1968!) Both are truly amazing machines!
Mark Drews' pre-unit can be seen from 1:51-2:10 on the video. What an awesome bike featuring mini HD peashooter forks, micro spool hub, bicycle type rim and tire, teeny hand carved plastic/Lucite scooped faux tank cover with inner steel tank receptacle, dual 389/689 Amal Carbs, hand-made micro flask oil bag with orig. pre-unit fittings adapted, mini pleated seat, scooped wassell ribbed fender with expanded metal shields, and hand carved inner & outer Lucite primary cover and motor mounts to name a handful of things. Also, the simple colors, chrome, black, and clear flow nicely together; less is more! In my opinion, this skinny machine has "sweepstakes winner" written all over it and it both beats and surpasses any of the late 50's/early 60's pre-unit show bikes, including Larry Howard's Glittercycle. Also, you must check the "Manic Monday" post on FMA's Site (1st post) for Drews' "Solitary Confinement" Pre-unit photos and FMA's 2nd post (also DBCUSTOMLEATHER!, Crusin' Mag, Cycle Zombies, Born Loser, and DiCE)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- Apostles - 1968
- Gabe Griffin's '48 Hang'em High Panhead Biker Maga...
- Dave Mann Inspired Knucklehead
- Hobby - '68
- 1963 Pasadena Motorcycle Club Hare Scrambles Poste...
- 1967 Biker Gathering Photos
- 1960's Rat Fink Halloween Costume
- Dennis Hopper & Knucklehead Photo Still from "Key ...
- "A Quest to Building a Dream Bike" - H.K.G's Photo...
- The Local Hero - Japan
- Elvis in Fender Bender - "Roustabout" 1964
- Veterans Day 2010
- Joyrides Art Co's Photo Feature on Job Steven's Pa...
- Bicycle Mishap
- The Word on the Street About Mark Drews' "Solitary...
- Selections from SICK Magazine's Issue 51 - Circa 1...
- SOLD - 1960s Bates Easy Rider Type Cafe Leather Ja...
- Street Low Magazine - Issue 59 (La Mission's '42 C...
- Mooneyes 2010 X-mas Show Teaser w/ Mark Drews' "So...
- The Rainbow Knuck - Angeles Salvages
- Mel's Monster Revisited
- 1968 Hells Angels Big Brother Concert Poster
- Grand National Roadster Show 2011 Entries
- The Fuhrer is Back in Town...
- The Combat Angels
- Old Slot Car / Model Car Box Art
- Motorcycle Comic Covers
- Mega Rake
- Club Funerals
- Werewolves on Wheels Harley 45
- Twin Engine Manx Drag Bike
- Nor-Vin For Sale in '67!
- Lance in 1989!
- Borrani WM-0 21" 36 Hole Alloy Rim
- Sunbeam Club Ramsgate Sprint Archives
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...