ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
'51 Triumph Slowly Coming Back Together
I took a day off work to begin reassembly of the triumph. Its amazing once you get parts back from paint and the platers how they don't want to go back together so easily. I had to monkey around with the slower neck bearing race before it properly seated due to paint build up but the front end went on nicely and its nice and tight. If you remember the the earlier photo the flanders risers were positioned forward, which I preferred, but I didn't want the risers smacking the top springer nuts under load. One option was to cut down the front spring rods for additional clearance but I figured that would make the front sit a tad lower and I wasn't willing to take that chance. Hopefully everything will work out with the altered bar configuration but only time will tell. I plan on putting the motor and trans in tomorrow after the swap meet and then will swing by Brightworks to pick up my brake pivot arm. I can't wait to ride this bike but its now realistically looking like completion will come around the end of this month or maybe earlier September.
Saturday lent to a little more bike progress as Dennis gave me hand putting the motor and trans back in. Unfortunatlely I was short some key hardware for the motor and tranny mounts so it will be off to Moore's Cycle this week or else I'll get the right stuff ordered through Meatball. It still has a ways to go but at least things are progressing.
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Rollerball - Circa 1975
- Best T-shirt of the Early 70's
- Mothers Choppers Circa 1971
- 1960s Outlaw Biker Stills
- Robt. Williams Roth Ads - 1966 - 1969
- Topps Wacky Pack Sticker Cards - Auto Related - 19...
- Davey - The Psycho Cyclist - How Puzzling?
- Oakland Roadster Show - Early 60s
- Pleats 'R Neat...
- Harley "K" Model Parts Selection Circa 1956
- Riding Safely in a Violent World
- The Art of Wing Chun!
- Sporty Primary Cover o' Mystery???
- Flaking Your Helmet - Circa 1961
- The Humble Approach
- DEAD WRONG PSA
- 1979 Dixie Distributing Catalog - All the Choice C...
- Skateboard Art of Jim Phillips!
- Disposable Skateboard Bible - Awesome!
- One More of Stan Dishong's "HOG"
- Rare Joe Hunt BSA Cam Cover / Mag Combo
- '51 Triumph Slowly Coming Back Together
- The Search for Billy Ray Photos in Print - LIFE Ma...
- Gary Littlejohn - Bicycle Peddler - Circa 1978
- Psycho Wheels Japan!
- Gabe-Fink Surfs Bali
- John Edwards' 1952 Panhead Street Chopper Article ...
- Some Inspiration!
- Skatevisions - Agent Orange / Gator / Kasai = Clas...
- John Banks' Face Mask = Cobra?
- Motorcycle Cycle Club Shenanigans
- Flat Track Thunder
- Gabe's Hang-'em High Slag Glass Rock Tanked Panhea...
- Weekend Update
- Random Photos from "Cry Baby"
- Bill Ray in High Definition
- Great Bill Ray Photos
- Tron Light Cycles
- The Joe Kennedy "Liquid Glass" Treatment!
- Wild Indians
- "On Any Sunday" Hillclimb Footage
- Vintage Woodpecker Suit
- Alex the "Turtle"
- Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum
- Customs Circa 1966
- Pipe Update
- ▼ August (46)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The road to the Steak House circa 1949 to early 1950's. (picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives ) Steak House Register Room ...
Picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives .
LOG RIDE CONCEPT MODEL (1967) LOG RIDE AS CONSTRUCTED (1969)
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
This video about Food Service, Candy Making, and the Preserves Line comes courtesy of the OC Archives . (Photo above also from the O...
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!