ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Well, this weekend wasn't super productive in terms of making some real progress towards finishing the triumph but I was able to get a few things done. I had to sand off about three inches of paint from the rear legs for fitment of the triple clamp (it pays to give your painter full instructions which I didn't and forgot tell him not to paint this portion of the legs). Mason helped me get the springer compressed to add the top springs and I spent a a few good hours today freeing up a seized rocker stud and lubed up the rockers. Minus the addition of the ride control and having pinstriped lines to help blend the paint to bare metal section of the rear legs the springer is ready to go. I did get 98% of the chrome back on Saturday and it all looked great except I'm going see if the pipes can be redone with silver solder first to help better blend the straight and rippled sections (or maybe I'll just run them as is and have them figured out later). Oh yeah, thanks to Dennis for helping me with the final frame prep before everything goes back in. Tank and fender paint are both still in the works.
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Rollerball - Circa 1975
- Best T-shirt of the Early 70's
- Mothers Choppers Circa 1971
- 1960s Outlaw Biker Stills
- Robt. Williams Roth Ads - 1966 - 1969
- Topps Wacky Pack Sticker Cards - Auto Related - 19...
- Davey - The Psycho Cyclist - How Puzzling?
- Oakland Roadster Show - Early 60s
- Pleats 'R Neat...
- Harley "K" Model Parts Selection Circa 1956
- Riding Safely in a Violent World
- The Art of Wing Chun!
- Sporty Primary Cover o' Mystery???
- Flaking Your Helmet - Circa 1961
- The Humble Approach
- DEAD WRONG PSA
- 1979 Dixie Distributing Catalog - All the Choice C...
- Skateboard Art of Jim Phillips!
- Disposable Skateboard Bible - Awesome!
- One More of Stan Dishong's "HOG"
- Rare Joe Hunt BSA Cam Cover / Mag Combo
- '51 Triumph Slowly Coming Back Together
- The Search for Billy Ray Photos in Print - LIFE Ma...
- Gary Littlejohn - Bicycle Peddler - Circa 1978
- Psycho Wheels Japan!
- Gabe-Fink Surfs Bali
- John Edwards' 1952 Panhead Street Chopper Article ...
- Some Inspiration!
- Skatevisions - Agent Orange / Gator / Kasai = Clas...
- John Banks' Face Mask = Cobra?
- Motorcycle Cycle Club Shenanigans
- Flat Track Thunder
- Gabe's Hang-'em High Slag Glass Rock Tanked Panhea...
- Weekend Update
- Random Photos from "Cry Baby"
- Bill Ray in High Definition
- Great Bill Ray Photos
- Tron Light Cycles
- The Joe Kennedy "Liquid Glass" Treatment!
- Wild Indians
- "On Any Sunday" Hillclimb Footage
- Vintage Woodpecker Suit
- Alex the "Turtle"
- Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum
- Customs Circa 1966
- Pipe Update
- ▼ August (46)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
I know a lobby card of this same image was posted earlier but I think this one is much clearer. Harley drag bike heading down the line. E...
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
Here are some high definition photos of an old motorcycle cap which supposedly belonged to James Dean. Brixton is making some very simil...