ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
The Joe Kennedy "Liquid Glass" Treatment!
For those of you who had seen my springer in its original state you knew it was heavily pitted, unfit for chrome because of the pits and a likely candidate for hydrogen embrittlement. There was the option of powder coating, but I adamantly hate that sludge and the pits still would have shown through anyway. A couple weeks back I brought my frame, battery tray, and springer legs to Joe Kennedy of the Kennedy Brothers Bomb Factory. I had already had great dealings with his brother Jay, "Pokie", as he superbly radiused my triumph ribbed fender and stitched it back together with pinner tig welds, and I remember Gabe telling me Joe was a phenomenal painter so I thought I'd give him a try. I dropped off my parts a couple of weeks back and picked up the lot this evening. Man, was I impressed. The frame is gloss black and completely show as I needed it that way because the original cast rear racing section mated with the stock rigid front section give the bike a very unique look, one that can not easily be duplicated. So the frame and battery box are still in the car, wrapped up, but I thought I would show off the forks. I didn't want to go with black because the tiny peashooter legs would disappear and I wanted them to stand out, so we agreed upon a light grey and I'm stoked on it. It looks like a gloss version of a WWII battleship and coupled with the nickle plated springs and friction dampener, I think the front end will be a nice contrast with the rest of the bike. I've got chrome coming back still and Harpoon's working on the tank and fender as we speak so I'll snap shots of those before and during assembly. If anybody is serious about contacting Joe regarding paint email me and I'll give you his phone number as he doesn't even have an email address (that is rad; pure nostalgia there)!
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Rollerball - Circa 1975
- Best T-shirt of the Early 70's
- Mothers Choppers Circa 1971
- 1960s Outlaw Biker Stills
- Robt. Williams Roth Ads - 1966 - 1969
- Topps Wacky Pack Sticker Cards - Auto Related - 19...
- Davey - The Psycho Cyclist - How Puzzling?
- Oakland Roadster Show - Early 60s
- Pleats 'R Neat...
- Harley "K" Model Parts Selection Circa 1956
- Riding Safely in a Violent World
- The Art of Wing Chun!
- Sporty Primary Cover o' Mystery???
- Flaking Your Helmet - Circa 1961
- The Humble Approach
- DEAD WRONG PSA
- 1979 Dixie Distributing Catalog - All the Choice C...
- Skateboard Art of Jim Phillips!
- Disposable Skateboard Bible - Awesome!
- One More of Stan Dishong's "HOG"
- Rare Joe Hunt BSA Cam Cover / Mag Combo
- '51 Triumph Slowly Coming Back Together
- The Search for Billy Ray Photos in Print - LIFE Ma...
- Gary Littlejohn - Bicycle Peddler - Circa 1978
- Psycho Wheels Japan!
- Gabe-Fink Surfs Bali
- John Edwards' 1952 Panhead Street Chopper Article ...
- Some Inspiration!
- Skatevisions - Agent Orange / Gator / Kasai = Clas...
- John Banks' Face Mask = Cobra?
- Motorcycle Cycle Club Shenanigans
- Flat Track Thunder
- Gabe's Hang-'em High Slag Glass Rock Tanked Panhea...
- Weekend Update
- Random Photos from "Cry Baby"
- Bill Ray in High Definition
- Great Bill Ray Photos
- Tron Light Cycles
- The Joe Kennedy "Liquid Glass" Treatment!
- Wild Indians
- "On Any Sunday" Hillclimb Footage
- Vintage Woodpecker Suit
- Alex the "Turtle"
- Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum
- Customs Circa 1966
- Pipe Update
- ▼ August (46)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...
This tank is beyond awesome! Old Gothic style stained glass Jesus painting on axed peanut tank, simply amazing. Check out http://www.spar...
Heavily engraved Colt 1901 .38 Calibur & 1916 .45 Calibur 6-shooters! Similar engaving patterns appear on custom motorcycle cam ...
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!