ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Sunday, July 17, 2016
1930's Mackinaw Barnstormer Jacket - LL Bean Version - Used as a USN Deck Jacket During WWII
Furnished as both USN issue and civilian these Mackinaw Barnstormer jackets were pre WWII. This amazing civilian model is made by LL Bean with killer buttons.
The above pre-WWII example is a USCG example with alpaca fur inside. Its currently on Etsy for $399.00. Great jackets. I'm going to have to snag one for myself in the future!
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- Pendleton Woolen Mills in 1945
- The H.D. Lee Company - 02/28/44 - LIFE Magazine
- General Motors in 1943
- GMC Trucks for 1937
- West Point Academy Sweaters - 1936 - 1941
- Pre-War Chevrolet Suburban - Circa 1941
- Chevrolet & GMC in WWII - 1942
- 1939 Chevrolet Ambulance - WWII Trinidad Base Camp...
- Mid 1950's Naval Air Police Dodge Panel Truck
- Women of the USMC - 1944
- 1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Taxi Cab
- 1939 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Canopy Express
- Pontiac Salutes the Armed Forces - 05/08/44 - LIFE...
- Flying Saucer Convention - Cool Tees & a Chevrolet...
- USN Seabees at Tarawa, Japan - LIFE Issues April 1...
- Railroads for the War Effort - LIFE Magazine - Feb...
- Fabric Mending & the Farm Patch Method - LIFE Maga...
- 1938 & 1939 GMC Suburbans - Pan American Airlines
- Cypress Festival & Car Show
- 1939 US Automobile License Plates
- GMC - 1942
- Navy Yard Mail Delivery Truck
- Original M-1937 US Army Chore / Work Denim Jacket
- 1939 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Panel Truck & 1 1/2 Ton USN...
- 1942 Chevrolet Suburban - Peterson Automotive & Tr...
- Salt & Pepper
- WWII Camp Hood Tank Destroyers
- OG Winslow B. Felix Chevrolet License Topper
- WWII Era USN Sweatshirt
- Pre-War US Army Recruitment Poster - 1940
- 1940 Chevrolet Stakebed
- 1937 Chevrolet Suburban
- 1942 GMC Panel Truck Rear Doors
- Richfield Hi-Octane Gasoline
- 1946 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Panel Truck
- 1938 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Panel Truck
- WWII USN Deck Jackets - Bay Patrol - 1944
- USN Deck Jackets on D-Day
- 1942 USN Chevrolet Stake Bed
- 1930's Mackinaw Barnstormer Jacket - LL Bean Versi...
- WWII USN Shawl Collar Denim Jacket & Trousers
- WWI Era Sailor Denim
- USN Pickup
- 1939 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Lowrider Pick-up
- Sailor's 1939 Chevrolet Truck - LIFE Magazine
- 1946 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-up
- 1942 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Pick-up - WWII Victory Truc...
- 1942 USN Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Pick-up
- USMC Pontiac Woodie Wagon
- GMC Baptist Hauler
- GMC Ambulances
- 1942 - GMC Suburban - US Submarine Veterans - WWII...
- 1940 1/2 Ton GMC Panel Truck
- 1946 Chevrolet Canopy Express - Gents Car Club
- Indian - 1944
- Fixing the Suburban
- 1942 USN Chevrolet Pick-up
- 1942 Chevrolet Panel Truck - Swan Floating Soap
- Army Maneuvers, Ft. Houston, TX - June 1939
- WWII USN Shelter & Chevrolet Suburban - 1930's
- WWII USN Deck First Issue Deck Jackets
- WWII USN 37J1 Summer Flight Jacket - 1936 - 1939
- WWII M-422 USN Leather Flight Jacket
- WWII USN Shore Patrol GMC Panel Truck
- Kent's Cloth of the United Nations - Original 1940...
- ▼ July (65)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The jacket with these labels is up for sale HERE if interested and the auction times out on Wednesday 12/07/11 at 9:28 PST!
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The road to the Steak House circa 1949 to early 1950's. (picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives ) Steak House Register Room ...
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
I dig the wild Indian motif on his cowboy shirt here and just had to post the pic!
Before Columbia changed the name to the "Wild One" the movie was originally to be called "Hot Blood." Above is a prett...