ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Sunday, April 15, 2012
FOR SALE - Vintage Original 1950's 1956 - 1962 Pre-unit Triumph Motorcycle Engle Marlon Brando T-shirt
I just found the following information about Engle Triumph which leads me to believe this t-shirt could be of 1956 vintage at the oldest:
"History of Engle Motors, Inc.
Founded in 1956 by Paul Engle as a BMW/Triumph dealer, Engles has been a dealer of many brands over the years, including Zundapp, Pirelli, Bultaco, Honda and Norton. But it has always been BMW and Triumph that pays the bills. "We'd sell new Triumph's in the spring and BMW's in the fall," say Norman who bought the dealership from Engle in 1966.
Norman Jones first met Paul Engle in 1958 when he moved from Tulsa and sold his old Harley and a Royal Enfield to buy a '55 T-bird. Back then, Norman was an aircraft mechanic for TWA who earned extra money by fixing bikes on the side. Engle heard about Norman's diagnostic skills and challenged him to repair a customer's T-bird with its ill conceived charging system. Norman re-wired it, giving the rider the ability to shut off various circuits to keep from overloading the system. Engle immediately hired the young man and the rest is, well, history. "
Measurements are as follows:
16.5'' across chest, shoulders are 14.5'' across, and length is 24''.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if interested!
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Early 70's "Magnificent Seven" Poster
- Larry Garmon's Knuckle w/ Larry Watson Paint
- Remembering Keith Moore
- Original 1967 Dave Mann / Ed Roth "Dade County" Ch...
- NICE! Motorcycle 100% Rigid Panhead
- Original 1966 Ed Roth / Robt. Williams "Help Put D...
- Original 1966 Ed Roth / Robt. Williams Catalog T-s...
- Wild One Monkey Business
- Gabe's BAR HOOK UP - Huntington Beach, CA
- Duas Caras Cycles - Japan
- Duas Caras Cycles Resurrects Joe Alphabet's "Iride...
- German Novelty Eye Clocks from the 1920's
- Dragon Pan
- Vintage Early 1970's "Retarded Timmy" Poster
- Hawgholic's Insane 1945 "Stoned Yellow" Knucklehea...
- Vard Front End w/ Flanders Riser Set-up
- Knuckle Dragger
- 1960 Ford Starliner Custom of Perfection!
- Guitar Wolf - 04/19/12
- Orange Circle Car Show Highlights - From 04/15/12
- The Ohio Crew
- 1965 Santa Barbara Show Program
- 1961 Tridents Auto Show Program
- Custom Bikes at the 1960 Autorama - Hartford, Conn...
- TRIUMPHER Blogsite from Japan
- Flanders vs. Hellings
- Keith Moore of Moore's Cycle Center Passed Today
- Don Hawley @ Carrell Speedway in Gardena, CA - 195...
- Goodyear Tires as Distributed by Webco in 1966
- 1960's Detroit Autorama Photos
- Rad 1960's Ghost Rider Poster by Jay & Ell Enterpr...
- FOR SALE - Vintage Original 1950's 1956 - 1962 Pre...
- At the Strip
- Lil' Jewel Pre-unit Triumph Drag Bike
- Muscle Bike Mesmerized
- Slick Custom
- SOLD - 1975 Low Rider Trophy
- SOLD OUT - NOS 1970's Triumph Cycle Inn Portland H...
- Original Dave Mann Painting to be Auctioned on 05/...
- FOR SALE - Vintage 1960's Levis Big E Jacket with ...
- Little One Triumph Show Bike FOR SALE on Ebay
- The Wretched Hive
- 1955 Swedish Panhead Street Chopper Feature!
- ▼ April (44)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The Art of Custom Painting " by Carl Caiti, published by Metalflake Inc, Haverhill, Mass., most likely in the early 70s, as...
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
A couple days ago I received this August 1986 Easyrider cover scan from Mark B. up north. I've posted images of this mindblowing p...
My brother came across this cool vintage Champion BSA jacket in excellent condtion. The only issues are some light stains and a dime ...
My brother found this super cool pair of early Red Wing Irish Setter Work boots from the Mid-1950's. According to one of th...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...