ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Saturday, April 26, 2014
1952 Chevy / Campbell Company Suburban Woodie
On loan at the Murphy Auto Museum in Oxnard, CA is this cool 1952 Chevy Suburban modified into a Woodie by the Campbell Company. History about this collaboration is as follows:
"This vehicle has a wooden body supplied by The Campbell Company, of Waterloo, New York. A customer would order a Campbell customized Suburban from their dealer; the factory would ship the Suburban to Campbell for outfitting and Campbell would ship the finished woody Suburban to the ordering dealer.
The Campbell Suburban was perfect to transport people to and from airports and train stations, for school bus routes, hotels, country clubs, tours, camps, etc.
This Suburban underwent extensive restoration and was used in its former life as a postal delivery vehicle. Please note the brass flag holder on the driver side rear quarter panel."
Campbell / Chevrolet Woodie Wagon options in 1949!
Campbell Suburban options in 1951!
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- Artillery Wheel Appeal
- Chevy Canopy Express
- Max's 1952 Suburban
- Eiland Hogan's Amazing 1951 Chevy Sub
- GMC Canopy Express
- GMC Panel
- GMC Pickups
- GMC Suburbans
- GMC 1-Ton Panels
- Sergeant Stripes
- Chevy 3100 Bomb Trucks
- Gabe's 1947 Chevy Deluxe Panel Truck
- 1951 Chevy Suburban - Two Tone Grey
- Two Tone Favorite
- Picket Fence Commercial Grille Guards
- Chevy Advance Design Grille Guards
- Smash-Hit Cattle / Deer Guards
- 1952 Chevy Suburban
- 1950 Sub
- ACE "SLO" Tail Light with License Frame
- Monarch Trio Lite "STOP" Light License Plate Frame...
- Wild One Triumph T-bird - 1954
- Circa 1967
- The Hellcats - 1968 Lobby Card (with Trike)
- Savage Seven Lobby Card - 1968
- Two Tone Burbs
- Chevrolet Advance Design Trucks - 1947 - 1953
- 1/25 Scale Low Riders
- Ponte Trucha - Prison Ministry for Christ
- 1952 Chevy / Campbell Company Suburban Woodie
- Amazing 1949 Chevy Truck
- My 1949 Chevy Suburban
- 1948 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan - Dukes SGV
- Patina Chevy Panel Truck
- A.R. Shearer Automotive Distributor Chevy Panel Tr...
- Victor's 1938 Chevy Coupe
- Cool Chevy Advance Design Low Rider Truck
- 1949 Chevy 1/2 Ton Panel Truck "Eddie's Parlor"
- Kansas City Confidential - 1952
- 1937 Jesus Christ Hobo Nickel in Honor of Good Fri...
- 1940's Christian License Plate Topper
- Beautiful 1954 Chevy Suburbans
- Resin Built 1950 Canopy Express 1/25 Scale Model K...
- ▼ April (43)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
I saw this custom Econoline driving on the 22 Freeway back a couple of months ago and unfortunately didn't have my camera. I'd ha...
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...