ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Thursday, April 10, 2008
1958 Royal Enfield Show Stopper!
A great early show photo capturing the highly chromed motor and airbrushed yellow to deep green paint job on the heavily molded frame and tank! (from the 1968 Cycle World Show issue)
The first version as shown here in a late 60s Cycle Guide magazine was most likely built for show only and not street. I don't believed those machined grips and bars have any throttle or cabling attached. I could be wrong though!
Those bars look like highly ornamental socket rachets! (from an early 70s Chopper related magazine)
This photo shows the only decent primary shot of the bike I've seen in its first version. There is a 1968 issue of Roth's Choppers magazine that features this bike on the cover and I'm curious to see what the article says but alas that magazine is very pricy on Ebay. By the way, that front wheel is most likely a Sulky or bicycle wheel as its super skinny-mini! (this photo comes from an early 70s Chopper related magazine)
I believe this front end was custom fabricated for this bike and then they were offered to the public. This Quincy front end has some neat ribs on the legs! (from an early 70s Chopper related magazine)
This is version 2 and I believe it was set up to ride! The tank appears to be totally smoothed out and the horizontally pleated solo seat seat looks killer with that diamond shaped extra long p-pad! (from Ed Radlauer's "Chopper Cycle" kids book)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- 1942 Harley 80 Inch Flatty
- California Triumph Customs from 1960
- Western 45
- Nice Paint Ad from 1966
- 1948 Triumph Tiger Drag Bike
- Knucklehead of Insanity!
- A Little Catalina Grand Prix History!
- Catalina GP Bike Show - Saturday 04/26/08
- Catalina Grand Prix 50 Year Reunion Show
- Revell Grease 2 Panhead Model Kit
- Panhead - Sittin' Pretty
- Panhead Custom from the Late 60s
- Routt Twin Engine Trumpet Drag Bike
- California Plunger Knucklehead Custom for 1958
- A-1 Flanders Set-up!
- The Outlaw Biker Gals!
- A Japanese Scotty?
- Its in the Details!
- Sparetime.jp Website!
- "The Batticle" Show Pre-unit from 1961!
- Wacky 1947 Knucklehead Custom!
- John Edward's Mindblowing Panhead!
- Bones Brigade
- Dubble Trubble Triumph Twin Engine Drag Bike
- 1930s Speedway Bikes!
- Nor Cal's Finest, Max & J. Jessee from 2004!
- George Lesseos's Wild Panhead!
- 1958 Royal Enfield Show Stopper!
- "Way Out" Pan
- I Heard it Through the "Grapevine"
- Molded Pre-unit
- Rainbow Knuckle!
- Johnny Allen's Triumph Salt Racer!
- Swingarm Spectacular!
- Drag Race Panhead!
- The Knuckle that Went the Way O' the Dodo
- Barnett & Calori Pre-unit Rigids
- Ron Kivett's Insane Rigid Rev Head Drag Bike
- Harley WLA from Down Under!
- Triumph Rigid Show Bikes
- Larry Garmon's "Out O' Sight" Knucklehead
- Reversed Head Radness!
- Side Car Sanity!
- ▼ April (44)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
This Dukes San Gabriel Valley 1948 Chevy Fleetline was at the Chinga Las Vegas Show last weekend looking the part! Great car!
The BECK logo in the early '60s! I had no idea ANDERSON footpegs were being made this early. I thought they were just a late 60s or ...
Thanks to Ragin', Full-On for sending the link to this original 1966 Wild Angels vest currently up on Ebay with abou...