ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
John Edward's Mindblowing Panhead!
I heard that John Edwards was about to unveil a 60s show bike so gnarly and so perfect that it would literally blow your mind. Well here it is, and though I've not seen it in person, these beautifully artistic photos, including about five other detailed shots, are available for your viewing pleasure on Mike Davis' blogsite http://bornlosermc.blogspot.com/ . Please check out the photos as this bike is a true gem!
Edwards' pan is crazy, wild, and yet not overdone! The assortment of rare parts on this cycle is staggering and still everything flows together so nicely. Like in the old Gary Littlejohn article, I'd have to say this bike is also a true "Customizer's Custom."
Edwards' pan in its original glory from a Sinner's get-together a couple years back.(photo from Jockey Journal)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- 1942 Harley 80 Inch Flatty
- California Triumph Customs from 1960
- Western 45
- Nice Paint Ad from 1966
- 1948 Triumph Tiger Drag Bike
- Knucklehead of Insanity!
- A Little Catalina Grand Prix History!
- Catalina GP Bike Show - Saturday 04/26/08
- Catalina Grand Prix 50 Year Reunion Show
- Revell Grease 2 Panhead Model Kit
- Panhead - Sittin' Pretty
- Panhead Custom from the Late 60s
- Routt Twin Engine Trumpet Drag Bike
- California Plunger Knucklehead Custom for 1958
- A-1 Flanders Set-up!
- The Outlaw Biker Gals!
- A Japanese Scotty?
- Its in the Details!
- Sparetime.jp Website!
- "The Batticle" Show Pre-unit from 1961!
- Wacky 1947 Knucklehead Custom!
- John Edward's Mindblowing Panhead!
- Bones Brigade
- Dubble Trubble Triumph Twin Engine Drag Bike
- 1930s Speedway Bikes!
- Nor Cal's Finest, Max & J. Jessee from 2004!
- George Lesseos's Wild Panhead!
- 1958 Royal Enfield Show Stopper!
- "Way Out" Pan
- I Heard it Through the "Grapevine"
- Molded Pre-unit
- Rainbow Knuckle!
- Johnny Allen's Triumph Salt Racer!
- Swingarm Spectacular!
- Drag Race Panhead!
- The Knuckle that Went the Way O' the Dodo
- Barnett & Calori Pre-unit Rigids
- Ron Kivett's Insane Rigid Rev Head Drag Bike
- Harley WLA from Down Under!
- Triumph Rigid Show Bikes
- Larry Garmon's "Out O' Sight" Knucklehead
- Reversed Head Radness!
- Side Car Sanity!
- ▼ April (44)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
The road to the Steak House circa 1949 to early 1950's. (picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives ) Steak House Register Room ...
Picture comes courtesy of the OC Archives .
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
This video about Food Service, Candy Making, and the Preserves Line comes courtesy of the OC Archives . (Photo above also from the O...
LOG RIDE CONCEPT MODEL (1967) LOG RIDE AS CONSTRUCTED (1969)
Saturday Evening Post - 11/20/65 I just figured out to embed link a PDF so check out the entire article in its original format above!
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!