ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Monday, March 24, 2008
1967 Schwinn Deluxe Speedster Bicycle - Customized
Here's a photo of the 1967 Schwinn Speedster custom I picked up on Saturday. It's basically a 26" bike with the same specs as a Manta Ray which has 24" wheels. Bars are Manta Ray, 3 speed Stik Shift is off a Stingray, and its set up for rear brake only. The stik wasn't working, missing a rear cable, so I got it going and it shifts decently; I'm still toying with it though. I added some glass jewels on the seat for reflectors.
Here's the Schwinn in its final version with the Sears Screamer 12" extended stem, Troxel banana seat, Schwinn sissy bar, black and white cable wrap and frame wrap, black and white grips, racing flag valve caps, rectangular mirror reflector up front, fluted glass jewel red tail rear reflectors, clear glass jewel reflectors on either side, and St. Christopher badge on the neck! Its a pretty cool bike to ride around provided there aren't many hills in the way!
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- Victor Marks' Pre-unit Special
- The Iron Wigwam
- 1974 "Wild Wheels" Kids Book - Ed Radlauer
- Randy Smith's Perfect Harley WR
- 1968 "Custom Cars" Children's Book - Ed Radlauer
- Weeks & Williams Preunit(s), One-in-the-Same???
- Brass Beezer - A Beauty!
- Some Things Never Change!
- Kepaloa Drag Triumph Got the Coverage!
- Show Vans / Bike Haulers
- Salt Cycle Kids Book - Ed Radlauer from 1972
- Bill Casas' 1954 Triumph Rigid Show Bike
- Dick Mills' 1951 Harley Custom
- 1971 Mother's Choppers Catalog
- 1967 Schwinn Deluxe Speedster Bicycle - Customized...
- June 1967 Cycle Guide Cover
- Wild in the Streets!
- Sporty Gal!
- Christian Chopper for Easter!
- Jammin' Sporty Drag Bike
- Goose's Generator Shovel!
- Pics from Ed Radlauer's "Some Basics About Motorcy...
- The Roth M/C Decals on T-shirts!
- 1953 Triumph Girdered Masterpiece!
- Too Cool for Spool?
- The King of Cool
- 1972 Revell Street L'eagle Trike Model Kit
- "The Emerald" Pre-unit Show Bike
- Frank Weston's "Blue Pearl" '46 Harley Show Bike
- Stretched Pre-unit Rigid Drag Bike
- Tastefully Raked Pre-unit
- The Perfect Knuckle!
- The Cannibal
- California Panhead Circa 1960
- Classic Bike Photos!
- 80's Skateboard Ads (1988 - 1989 Thrasher Mags)
- Jesus Saves! / Ride Safe!
- 45 Style!
- A Survivor!
- The Need 4 Speed!
- Revell 1960s Honda Custom Drag Bike 1/8 Scale Kit
- Chopper Cycle Childrens' Book from 1972
- Lengthy Trumpet!
- Wild Sporty!
- Speedway Cool!
- Pre-unit Rigid from Custom Cycle Delight Catalog
- The Chopper Shopper
- Ramparts MC - 1967
- Soaring Like an Eagle! - Christian Hosoi
- Max Schaaf's Latest!
- Dan Brewer's Triumph
- "Beautiful Noise" - Mike Conley Memorial Service -...
- "Blown Mind" Patch Drawing from 1967
- Ed Fuller's Pre-unit - From 1st Issue of Roth's Ch...
- Drew's Pre-unit Triumphs
- Ed Roth's "Candy Wagon" Trike
- Drag Bikes in Action! (60s Cycle World Mags)
- Burt Munro's Injun Scout 101 Salt Racer
- 1927 Harley Single Racer!
- Cal Modified OG 1960s Spec Rippled Exhaust Pipe
- Tim O'keefe's Knucklehead
- The Outlaws
- Harley Drag Bikes
- Crazy Chromed Panhead
- Cool Pre-unit
- Big 3 Auto Swap in San Diego - 03/01/08
- Harley WR's @ Daytona
- Old Triumphs @ Daytona
- Green Knucklehead!
- Amazing Unit Triumph
- Mike Conley Family Fundraiser @ Avalon Bar - 03/02...
- ▼ March (74)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...
What a great shot of the Oakland Hells Angels in route to a funeral in 1968! (photo currently on Ebay!)
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexica...
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.