ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The Perfect Knuckle!
This has to be one of my favorite Knuckleheads ever built. The bike is simple and clean with some very nice parts: Flanders risers (in black, nice & original), molded Wassell tank, molded Bates fender, skinny Bates seat, Bates p-pad, Lee/Bates foot clutch, and rare black CMS kicker pedal! Not to mention the original springer front end and brake set up! The bike still looks minimalist and you couldn't ask for a better stance! Last comment: this guy uses his chrome sparingly and its a nice touch; too many customs nowadays have gone chromosexual, no good :( !
How perfect is the chromed bayonet handle on the suicide shift? You know this dude has had this bike since the 60s! Check out the molding near the tip of fender and the triangular peak on the tank! Killer! Do I spy molding on the oil tank as well? The seat and p-pad are also in exact alignment like a racer's bike, so nice!
A nice subtle mold job on the peanut tank! (all photos come from a mid 90s Choppers book)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- Victor Marks' Pre-unit Special
- The Iron Wigwam
- 1974 "Wild Wheels" Kids Book - Ed Radlauer
- Randy Smith's Perfect Harley WR
- 1968 "Custom Cars" Children's Book - Ed Radlauer
- Weeks & Williams Preunit(s), One-in-the-Same???
- Brass Beezer - A Beauty!
- Some Things Never Change!
- Kepaloa Drag Triumph Got the Coverage!
- Show Vans / Bike Haulers
- Salt Cycle Kids Book - Ed Radlauer from 1972
- Bill Casas' 1954 Triumph Rigid Show Bike
- Dick Mills' 1951 Harley Custom
- 1971 Mother's Choppers Catalog
- 1967 Schwinn Deluxe Speedster Bicycle - Customized...
- June 1967 Cycle Guide Cover
- Wild in the Streets!
- Sporty Gal!
- Christian Chopper for Easter!
- Jammin' Sporty Drag Bike
- Goose's Generator Shovel!
- Pics from Ed Radlauer's "Some Basics About Motorcy...
- The Roth M/C Decals on T-shirts!
- 1953 Triumph Girdered Masterpiece!
- Too Cool for Spool?
- The King of Cool
- 1972 Revell Street L'eagle Trike Model Kit
- "The Emerald" Pre-unit Show Bike
- Frank Weston's "Blue Pearl" '46 Harley Show Bike
- Stretched Pre-unit Rigid Drag Bike
- Tastefully Raked Pre-unit
- The Perfect Knuckle!
- The Cannibal
- California Panhead Circa 1960
- Classic Bike Photos!
- 80's Skateboard Ads (1988 - 1989 Thrasher Mags)
- Jesus Saves! / Ride Safe!
- 45 Style!
- A Survivor!
- The Need 4 Speed!
- Revell 1960s Honda Custom Drag Bike 1/8 Scale Kit
- Chopper Cycle Childrens' Book from 1972
- Lengthy Trumpet!
- Wild Sporty!
- Speedway Cool!
- Pre-unit Rigid from Custom Cycle Delight Catalog
- The Chopper Shopper
- Ramparts MC - 1967
- Soaring Like an Eagle! - Christian Hosoi
- Max Schaaf's Latest!
- Dan Brewer's Triumph
- "Beautiful Noise" - Mike Conley Memorial Service -...
- "Blown Mind" Patch Drawing from 1967
- Ed Fuller's Pre-unit - From 1st Issue of Roth's Ch...
- Drew's Pre-unit Triumphs
- Ed Roth's "Candy Wagon" Trike
- Drag Bikes in Action! (60s Cycle World Mags)
- Burt Munro's Injun Scout 101 Salt Racer
- 1927 Harley Single Racer!
- Cal Modified OG 1960s Spec Rippled Exhaust Pipe
- Tim O'keefe's Knucklehead
- The Outlaws
- Harley Drag Bikes
- Crazy Chromed Panhead
- Cool Pre-unit
- Big 3 Auto Swap in San Diego - 03/01/08
- Harley WR's @ Daytona
- Old Triumphs @ Daytona
- Green Knucklehead!
- Amazing Unit Triumph
- Mike Conley Family Fundraiser @ Avalon Bar - 03/02...
- ▼ March (74)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
What a great shot of the Oakland Hells Angels in route to a funeral in 1968! (photo currently on Ebay!)
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
I had no idea all of these movies were available on Netflix for instant viewing but here are some of the selections (a few of these titles...
Check out the cool art for the "Handlebar Hustler" and "Outcast" as I've never seen those Roth motorcycle designs...