ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Bates Leathers & Accessories (of Long Beach, CA)
I think I saw the ribbed / pleated seats in an old 60s motorcycle magazine selling for $29.95. Its crazy what they're selling for nowadays on Ebay! How about that red & white p-pad? So cool!
Mufflers, mirrors, and saddlebags; not to mention the best leathers from back in the day in my opinion. Bates of California definitely made some cool cycle supplies!
60s Bates garment tag. I love the script letters and racing flags on tag!
Rider with killer bates racing vest from the 1950s! Check out that cool racing script under the Bates logo!(from Heros HD book)
The back of an old ABC Leathers jacket I used to own and wear while riding my 1956 T-110 Triumph. Bates bought ABC Leathers in the late 60s.
Cool picture from a Bates photo ad in a mid 60s Cycle Guide magazine. Thats interesting how the girl has a leopard collar on her jacket. I've never seen that before on a Bates! Interesting!
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- The Loss of a Friend & Genuine "Nice Guy"! - Mike ...
- Dan's Preunit - Rebirth of a Show Stopper!
- Old Photos!
- Bates Leathers & Accessories (of Long Beach, CA)
- A Perfect Pair!
- Triumph Twin Engine Drag Bikes
- Perfectly Proportioned Pre-unit
- Barris Book Pre-unit
- Album Covers
- Rod & Custom - August 1960
- Chopped Charley Panhead w/ Indian Chief Girder
- Richard Munn's "Cherry Machine"
- Swedish Joker's Panhead Before & After Paint
- Lil' Pam Triumph Preunit Salt Flats Racer
- J. Edwards "Dream Helmet"
- Cinderella Cart!
- Frank Scalora's Incredible "Roman Holiday" Trike
- The Mooncricket - Now Just a Memory! (GNR 2007)
- HCS Cool Generator Shovel (from GNR Show 2008)
- Dean's Sporty w/ Scott Craig Paint (from GNR Show ...
- Injun Sport Scout Racer (from HD & Indian Wars Boo...
- Pre-unit w/ Award Cycle Finned Timing Cover (from ...
- Triumph Pre-unit Mild Custom (from Primer National...
- Japanese Paradise Road Show Triumph, Soo Perfect!!...
- 1968 Revell "Triumphant Trike" Model Kit Box Photo...
- Crazy Dude w/ Side Hack (Late 60s Cycle Guide)
- Gangreen Trike w/ Stretched I-Beam Springer (70s C...
- Crazy 45 Trike (late 60s Roth's Choppers Magazine)...
- Knucklehead w/ Stroked Motor (from early 60s Hot R...
- Triumph Pre-unit Overhead Cam Salts Flat Racer (60...
- Triumph Single Engine Drag Bikes
- Gabe Griffin's - Hang'em High Panhead
- Swingarm Triumph Built by Gary Littlejohn (from 70...
- Gordon the Goat's Triumph
- Ron Finch - The Master
- Biker Flick Photo Stills & Posters
- Vern's Reversed Head Triumph (Best Triumph Ever Bu...
- Panhead w/ Clovered Exhaust!
- 1960s Harley 1/25 Show Bike Model Kit
- Harley Hillclimbers
- Jason Jessee Shreading! (Thrasher Mag, Jan 1989)
- Trick Trike (from late 60s Cycle Guide)
- Roth 1967-1968 Choppers Magazine (The Outlaw Patch...
- Late 50s / Early 60s Triumph T-shirt
- Mike Vill's Trumpet
- Triumph Finned Timing Cover
- Mark Anthony's Harley 45 Flatty
- Triangle Headlights - Three Versions
- WR Racers
- Barris Kustom's Little Deuce Coupe
- Max's Shovelhead - The Panoramic View!
- Mr. Skinny Knucklehead!
- Henry's Knucklehead!
- Reach for the Sky Seat! (Bob Ludvigson's Primo Pan...
- Reach for the Sky Pipes - INSANE!
- Gary Littlejohn's Panhead
- Job's Berserker Panhead
- Louie Lopez's 1946 Triumph Show Bike (Early 60s Ca...
- Larry Howard of Award Cycle's "Glittercycle" (1962...
- Original Durfee Girder's T-shirt from Early 1970s ...
- Surfer Birds & Roth's Surfite (from Mid 60s Custom...
- Batman's Girlfriend? (from mid 60s Customs Illustr...
- "Lil Tramp" Triumph Pre-unit Drag Bike (from Mid 6...
- "Little Miss Calculation" (from Mid 60s Customs Il...
- Triumph Rigid Show Bike (Mid 60s Customs Illustrat...
- Nice Swingarm Triumph Custom (from Mid 60s Cycle W...
- Triumph Rigid Drag Bike (from 1961 Motorcyclist Ma...
- My Favorite Servi-car / Trike (from 60s Cycle Guid...
- 1934 Harley Speedway Bike - RAD (from Classic 1903...
- Swedish Master Joakim K's Knuckle w/ Lucite V-Stac...
- Dean Lanza's "Quicksilver" - Perfect in Every Way
- John Edward's Immaculate Panhead Right After Paint...
- Mark's Panhead in an Early Version w/ Springer, Co...
- Mike Davis' Original Finned Timing Cover vs. Stock...
- Al Chioda's Upsweeps on His Knucklehead
- "Mr. Untouchable" Triumph Drag Bike & Al Chioda's ...
- Al Chioda of Chicago Cycle Supply's Knuckle
- Dennis Scott's "Pipe Dream" Triumph Pre-unit
- 1969 Roth Choppers Magazine Ad
- The Alphabet Man
- ▼ February (81)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
I'm definitely intrigued by old novelty items so when I was poking around on the internet this weekend I ...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
Though not motorcycle related I was looking for a picture of this Grosso deck as I remember it was one of my favorites when skateboarding a...
This tank is beyond awesome! Old Gothic style stained glass Jesus painting on axed peanut tank, simply amazing. Check out http://www.spar...
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...