ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Fonda's Wild Angels Replica Panhead?
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don't remember ever seeing a dragon on the tank? I thought the bike was all jet black and chromed out? Anyhow here's a little blurb about the cycle from the auction and a link (there's a rad picture of a wax Gov. Arnold riding the Pan as well!) - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280319377911&category=6707&viewitem=):
"1950 FL Harley-Davidson Panhead Movieland Wild Angels Dragon Custom Bike Chopper-60's Springer, Pan-head motorcycle. Originally used for Movieland's Wax Museum Nancy Sinatra set. This motorcycle is an exact duplicate of the 'Dragon' motorcycle used in the cult biker film 'Wild Angels'. Wild Angels,(1966) starring Peter Fonda and Nancy Sinatra, was a landmark outlaw motorcycle culture film, and customs are featured thoughout the film, but none more so than the 'Dragon' bike, which Mr. Fonda can be seen riding throughout the picture."
I stand corrected now as I do see the dragon on the tank in this Lobby Card above and in the Movie Still below!
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Back Down the Hill!
- Allen of ARD Magnetos
- At the Drags!
- Pep Boys Type Ripple Pipe in 1969???
- Mini Cafe Harley Album Cover
- 1965 Panhead California Road Trip Photos
- Lowrider Magazine - Issue #1
- In Love with "Love Cycles"
- 1960s Simpson Drag Racing Jacket
- 1960s Bates Leather Jacket (Downturned collar)
- 1960s Bates Leather Racing Shirt (Non-Padded)
- 1960s Bates Leather Racing Shirt (Padded)
- The V-Guns Rock Out!
- Wild Triumph Rigid
- Triumph Mild Custom Circa 1953
- Bates Seats & Miscellaneous
- Late 70s Easyriders T-shirt
- Von Dutch Customized Pre-unit
- The Knucklehead Called "Willy"
- LP Cover from 1969
- Chromed Frame Triumph Rigid - 20th Century Fox
- Muerte HC Blogspot!
- Original Movie Stills from "the Wild One"
- Fonda's Wild Angels Replica Panhead?
- ▼ March (24)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...
"According to motorcycle lore, '74 or More' was a term coined by Bill 'Hillbilly' Hill in the sixties while he was in B...
Great looking panhead from a late 60s Cycle Guide article. I really like how the Indian Chief girder looks on this bike! More angles fro...
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...