Art by Zao
ATR - At-The-Risers
Breaking the Mechanical Mind
Champing at the Wit
Competition Distributing Co.
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Hell on Wheels MC - The Blog!
Kennedy Bros. Bomb Factory
Nostalgia on Wheels Shoppe
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
1968 Roth's Custom Bike / Choppers Magazine - Mitch's '54 Panhead
I just received this Sept. '68 Issue of Custom Bike / Choppers Magazine in the mail yesterday and will be posting different articles from the mag throughout the week. First of all, I'm stumped as the isuue name is Custom Bike Magazine and not Choppers Magazine. Its possible Roth went through an identity crisis but I've never seen one of the early issues that reads Custom Bike instead of Choppers. Anyhow, the first article is on Mitch's 1954 Panhead, and as you can see its equipped with some accessory wheel covers in back, an XA Springer, trippy padded mock gas tank up in front, and sissybar fuel tank extravaganza in back; not to mention the hairdryer bird deflector. Also featured in this issue is a rad article on the soul brothers of the LA Choppers M.C., an interview with Gary Littlejohn and his wild panhead, and Joe Alphabet talks about the various options or jockey and footshift for harleys. There's even a righteous swingarm pre-unit spread so stay tuned as you won't want to miss this early chopper nostalgia for this week!
After further review I do believe Epinut is correct acout the tail light being from a 1957 or 1958 Desoto (pictured above). The picture above is a 1957 Desoto. The 1959 Dodge Sierra (pictured below) has a similar looking tail light but the top most lens is too small and it has a grid pattern on the metal area that would be incorrect.
- ► 2015 (97)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- B.F. Goodrich Tire Ad from the 1940's
- Hells Angels Painting, 1970's?
- Psychomania / The Death Wheelers!
- The Soul Brothers of The LA Choppers!
- Gary Littlejohn in 1968
- Two Wheel Tornado
- Early Show Panhead From 1962!
- Bury Me An Angel - Circa 1971
- 1968 Robt. Williams / Roth Choppers Magazine Ad
- Portraits of American Bikers - Collection II Book ...
- 1968 Roth's Custom Bike / Choppers Magazine - Mitc...
- 50's / 60's Lamoreaux and Milne Motorcycle T-shirt...
- Jay Harrison's 1947 Knucklehead - Street Chopper F...
- Ness' Knuckle
- 1980's RI Great Escape Poster
- More Mid-70's BMX Antics!
- Early BMX Photos!
- Runaways - Choppers Magazine 10/76
- Elvis' Harley K Model
- Ghost Rider #5 - Circa 1972
- 1960s Aurora Motorcycle Model Box Art
- Roustabout - 1964
- Wild Guitar - 1962
- The Wildest "Wild One" Photo
- Triumph T-bird Lakester - 132.26 MPH on Gas!
- Two Wheel Customs with Peddles
- Icy n' Dicey
- '51 Triumph Progress
- A Fistful of Dynamite / Duck You Sucker
- 1964 Revell Triumph Custom Show Bike X-Mas Ads
- 1947 AMA Magazine
- Gun Engraving Meets the Custom Motorcycle
- Daredevil Men - Late 60's
- Custom Unit Triumph
- Jail Scene from the "Wild One" - 1960 Reissue (Hi ...
- Chrome in the 50's
- Indian Scout Mild Custom
- Indian Photos from 1951
- Speedway in 1942!
- Look Magazine - January 9, 1968 - Irving Penn / He...
- Early 70's Revell Custom Motorcycle Madness!!!
- Hell on Wheels 2010 Cycle Calendar
- Cadillac Wheels Poster - 1975
- Sporty Drag Bike
- ▼ October (44)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
I had no idea all of these movies were available on Netflix for instant viewing but here are some of the selections (a few of these titles...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
Ryan at Vintage Dreams has found the great Dean Lanza Show Bike "Quicksilver", a 48' HD Panhead with wild...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...
I haven't received my copy yet but from what I understand this book has at least 75 photos of the Detroit Outlaws Motorcycle Club from ...
I thought this vest was pretty cool on Ebay HERE ! There's a t-shirt and a pair of old chain stitched back patches but the t-shirt ...
Here are a few great photos currently up on Ebay. The seller has 20 to choose from with these being the mildest of the bunch! The blue...