ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Johnson or Scalora - Who Really Built the "Roman Holiday"?
The first two page article is from a 1967 Modern Cycle Magazine and the second is from a 1968 Ed Roth's Choppers Magazine (copy courtesy of Gabe Griffin). I think Johnson built the trike and then Scalora got it and fixed it up to his specs. For a color comparison of the two versions check this picture here and then type "Roman Holiday" in the search box for the second version at an old bike show! I don't imagine it was roadworthy with that Sulky wheel in the second version but man does it look amazing with the 2" x 28"er! I feel this is the crem-de-la-crem of all trikes!
- ► 2017 (51)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Johnson or Scalora - Who Really Built the "Roman H...
- Chicago, IL Chop Shop!
- Roth SU Stacks???
- M. Smith Does the Pogo!
- Le Skinny Cat Pan!
- 1960s Bates Leather Jacket Options!
- WR Racer Coolness!
- 1945 Twist-o-Matic Knuckle!
- 1967 Von Speedway Custom Sketch
- Ed Roth Finned Dishpans?
- Original Wild One 1953 Movie Photos
- Wild Angels in Espanol!
- Cycle Delacatessen's 1954 Panhead Suprise!
- Wild One 1960 Reissue Movie Photos
- Robt Williams Drawn Roth Advertisement from 1968!
- Swingarm Pre-unit Wonder!
- V-Guns Play the Avalon - Sunday 05/24/09
- Was this Dresser Really Worth all the Haskell?
- Details that Pop!
- Choppers Magazine - November 1968 Cover
- Ed Roth's Choppers Magazine Advertisement from 196...
- Mickey Hall's Pre-unit Rigid Drag Bike
- Littlejohn Painted Trumpet
- Show Panhead with Rippled Sky Stacks
- Roth & Fuller at Work!
- In Awe!
- Chrome Plating & Hydrogen Embrittlement Relief
- Cycle Savages Swingarm Pre-unit
- Slidin' In Ariel Style
- Triumph "Two Timer" Twin Engine Drag Bike
- Gypsy Queen
- Cook's Corner for the Watercolor Connoisseur
- K-Model with Wacky Skyward Monkey Bars
- Seattle, Washington Triumph Show Rigid from 1963
- Super Girls Comp Album with '60s Triumphs from 197...
- Soldier & His Chevy Fleetline
- Slow Down - Old 50's Photo
- 1963 Bell Star Helmet
- Wierdos "Davey" Model Kit Ad - Circa 1963
- ▼ May (39)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Thanks to Guy at Greasy Kulture for turning me onto this book by Bill Ray called "Hells Angels of Berdoo '65- Inside th...
The craftsmanship and hand painted designs on these leather teens flight relics are super cool. WWII and earlier military jackets, sweats...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
This knucklehead is absolutely flawless winner. Check out Jason's spectacular creation at Street Chopper HERE !