ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Friday, May 14, 2010
Catalina Grand Prix is Back On for 2010!!!???
I just received this comment today which is news to me! For history on the race and some cool pictures click here!
"Okay, I just got back from Catalina, and the Grand Prix is on again after a 50+ year hiatus (unless you count the legendary AMA drinking events that took place there in the 70's). I have no more info about what classes are going to run, or what course will be used, but it will be run by District 37 of the AMA in early December of this year. I will post more info as I dig it up, but I want to get the word out ASAP. The mayor is quoted as saying 'this is a one time permit, but if the event proves a boon to Catalina in the off season it could become a recurring event.'"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- Original Wild One Lobby Cards!
- Low Rider Style!
- Choosing Your Clicka!
- Rider Profiles!
- Preunit Custom @ 1972 Cycle World Show!
- Motorcycle Memorabilia - A Guide to Motorcycle Rel...
- 1977 - 1978 BMX Action!
- Drag Bike Racing in Britain Book
- Late 50s / Early 60s Bell 500 TX Helmet
- Crazy Tank Art!
- "Pace that Thrills" Movie Trailer with Racing Foot...
- Road Rider Magazine in the Early 70's!
- Crazy Panhead Drag Bike
- Black Biker Magazine - Vol. 1 No. 1 - April 1983
- Vincent Salt Racer!
- Cycle Savages MC Poster Art!
- Kangol "Spacemaster" 3/4 Helmet
- 1961 Norton 650 Sports Special Cafe Custom
- Thrashin' Pressbook Photos & Song List! - 1986
- Catalina Grand Prix is Back On for 2010!!!???
- The Pace That Thrills - Circa 1952!
- Another 1953 Wild One Lobby Card
- Darktown Strutters - 1975
- Caballos de Acero - 1967
- Bell Custom 500 - Revisited
- Salvaje Uno
- Timerider - 1982
- Bear Parts Co.'s Custom Tank Sale
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The craftsmanship and hand painted designs on these leather teens flight relics are super cool. WWII and earlier military jackets, sweats...
I spotted this car in Ventura, CA a few weeks back. I'm not sure if its an original or a reproduction but it was p...
This tank is beyond awesome! Old Gothic style stained glass Jesus painting on axed peanut tank, simply amazing. Check out http://www.spare...
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
Cool twin engine triumph pre-unit drag bike from Mullin's Chaindrive website! The "Parasite" Daytona Drag bike with estimated ...
Just doing my part. Official information is supposed to be released early in June. Here are two links to keep you posted in whats going on:
and here's a you tube playlist I'm putting together:
The website has been updated, and registration and sign up info is posted:
Basically it will cost you $250 to enter, including shipping the bike. Full modern classes. Vintage, classic, and evolution classes, as well as AHRMA based Premier Lwt, Premier 500, and Premier twins. Only intermediate and expert rider classes. Send in your application, including AMA number and a list of recent events and finishes and wait till next month to know if you make the cut.
I sent my application in yesterday.
Post a Comment