ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Bobby Sirkegian's Pre-unit Rigids Drag Bikes X 3
I like the first one the best with the alloy rims, mcm rocker caps, bench seat, and huge racing cones!
Those thick gators at right look much better than the thin ones in the middle. 7" front brakes look very nice on all three!
No fender to tire symmetry here but this bike is still very nice. The rear alloy has been shoehorned with an 18" Avon Drag Slick!
Looks like the T-100 racing kit with MCM rocker caps! This bike was given the best parts and was the only one with alloy rims!
Holy racing cones Batman! These drag tips are wide, wide, open! Check the tips at left for a comparison as these guys are massive! I wonder which set came with the T-100 racing kit???
Racing cones look to be 5" in diamter. Insane!!!
All three of these bikes were show quality but I was disappointed that none of the seats or p-pads were Bates, just new repops.
Now I remember this kid as the only person to be dwarfed by a tiny pre-unit rigid race bike! He makes that front rim look like a 26" or 28" instead of a 21".
All pictures above were taken at the NHRA Museum in Pomona, CA which, according to the ticket guy, may be torn down next year with a portion of its contents going to the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. This museum is truely amazing, so if you've been there and wish to voice your opinion write to the museum (I'll add a link soon). Admission is only $5.00, which is a steal for all the drag nostalgia displayed within!
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ...But my Pipe is Whack!
- The "Nickle" is Back!
- Hardcore Chopper Issue # 39 - John Edwards Cover (...
- 1987 Santa Cruz "Wheels of Fire" Opening Sequence
- California Swingarm!
- Daytona on the Beach!
- 1960s Taco Bell Taco Boy Decal
- Late 60s Bates Sheepcurl Jacket Liner
- Soap Box Derby!
- 1960s Bates Two Tone Leather Cafe Jacket
- J. Cruz 60s Van T-shirt!
- Cool Desert Racer!
- Carb Action!
- Harley & Vincent Rarities
- Rad - BMX Madness From 1986
- Thrashin' - Circa 1986
- Fantastic Bates Solo Seat!
- Panheads & Pet Monkeys - All the Craze in 1967!
- Various Biker Poster Snapshots in HD!
- JD Racer!
- T-Birds X 3
- Nursury Rhyme or Nightmare?
- Decaled Randomness!
- Atomic Pirate MC
- Aussie Drags!
- 1946 H-D "Giant Killer" Knucklehead Drag Bike
- Nira Johnson's Insane Pre-unit Rigid Drag Bike
- Vintage San Diego Timing Assoc. Decal
- Rodney's "Breaking the Mechanical Mind" Blog, Are ...
- Chainstitched Masterpieces!
- 1988 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso Alice in Wonderland Sk...
- 1964 Revell Brother Rat Fink on a Bike Model Kit
- 1969 Magazine Cover Art
- 1/4 Mile Drag Hags
- Amazing Lions Dragstrip Chainstitched Wool Jackets...
- Best Seat in the House!
- Drag Racing Helmets
- Stan Dishong's 96" Overhead Cam Panhead
- 1950's Felt H-D K Model Racing Patch
- Stan Dishong's 1937 Indian Scout Drag Bike
- Garage Company's Dual Carb Panhead Drag Bike
- Old Bell Helmets Waterslide Decals
- Bobby Sirkegian's Pre-unit Rigids Drag Bikes X 3
- Savage Seven Sporties!
- Late 50's / Early 60's Suspension Football Buckets...
- Random Photos Circa 1965
- Ripple Exhaust Pipe Circa 1959
- 1960s White Cafe Leather Jackets
- Bates in '65!
- Wanted: MCM / Bates / Webco Fork Slider Covers fo...
- Motorcycle Show in Bakersfield
- The Odd Couple
- Clear Amal Float Bowl Covers!
- Salty Knuckles!
- 1/4 Mile Machines!
- Pre-Unique Paint Job
- Hank Espinoza's "Old Blue" Panhead!
- Leaders of the Pack Comp LP
- 1960s Biker Fashion!
- Selections from Mothers Choppers 1971 Catalog
- Insane Drag Strip Photos!
- ▼ July (62)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The Art of Custom Painting " by Carl Caiti, published by Metalflake Inc, Haverhill, Mass., most likely in the early 70s, as...
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
A couple days ago I received this August 1986 Easyrider cover scan from Mark B. up north. I've posted images of this mindblowing p...
My brother came across this cool vintage Champion BSA jacket in excellent condtion. The only issues are some light stains and a dime ...
My brother found this super cool pair of early Red Wing Irish Setter Work boots from the Mid-1950's. According to one of th...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flan...