ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Monday, July 13, 2009
Stan Dishong's 1937 Indian Scout Drag Bike
What a lean and mean machine that's narrow and straight as an arrow!
The BSA Bantam front end which I believe to be semi-modified, though I'm not very familiar with the Bantam other than that it was BSA's equal to Triumph's Cub, is super skinny and looks amazing!
This bike sliced down the dragstrip going 118 mph in 1955 according to the display sign!
Nice and sanitary cut-away primary for weight savings!
This tire is simply amazing as I read it was a Goodyear Sport Special with a vulcanized rubber strip on top to create the flat drag slick, or in this case, a cheater slick!
You can just make out the Goodyear scripting!
The "cheater" tread appears to be hand cut with a razor. The piecrusted sidewalls coupled with the vulcanized flat strip with slash tread marks gives this tire a wild appearance! This is supposed to be the first rear drag slick ever made for a motorcycle!
Here's the rundown from what looks to be a Hot Bike article (anybody know the date and year it was published?). Sorry for the bluriness as you may be blinded temporarily. (All photos were taken at the Pomona NHRA Museum which hopefully will still stand in existance next year.)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ...But my Pipe is Whack!
- The "Nickle" is Back!
- Hardcore Chopper Issue # 39 - John Edwards Cover (...
- 1987 Santa Cruz "Wheels of Fire" Opening Sequence
- California Swingarm!
- Daytona on the Beach!
- 1960s Taco Bell Taco Boy Decal
- Late 60s Bates Sheepcurl Jacket Liner
- Soap Box Derby!
- 1960s Bates Two Tone Leather Cafe Jacket
- J. Cruz 60s Van T-shirt!
- Cool Desert Racer!
- Carb Action!
- Harley & Vincent Rarities
- Rad - BMX Madness From 1986
- Thrashin' - Circa 1986
- Fantastic Bates Solo Seat!
- Panheads & Pet Monkeys - All the Craze in 1967!
- Various Biker Poster Snapshots in HD!
- JD Racer!
- T-Birds X 3
- Nursury Rhyme or Nightmare?
- Decaled Randomness!
- Atomic Pirate MC
- Aussie Drags!
- 1946 H-D "Giant Killer" Knucklehead Drag Bike
- Nira Johnson's Insane Pre-unit Rigid Drag Bike
- Vintage San Diego Timing Assoc. Decal
- Rodney's "Breaking the Mechanical Mind" Blog, Are ...
- Chainstitched Masterpieces!
- 1988 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso Alice in Wonderland Sk...
- 1964 Revell Brother Rat Fink on a Bike Model Kit
- 1969 Magazine Cover Art
- 1/4 Mile Drag Hags
- Amazing Lions Dragstrip Chainstitched Wool Jackets...
- Best Seat in the House!
- Drag Racing Helmets
- Stan Dishong's 96" Overhead Cam Panhead
- 1950's Felt H-D K Model Racing Patch
- Stan Dishong's 1937 Indian Scout Drag Bike
- Garage Company's Dual Carb Panhead Drag Bike
- Old Bell Helmets Waterslide Decals
- Bobby Sirkegian's Pre-unit Rigids Drag Bikes X 3
- Savage Seven Sporties!
- Late 50's / Early 60's Suspension Football Buckets...
- Random Photos Circa 1965
- Ripple Exhaust Pipe Circa 1959
- 1960s White Cafe Leather Jackets
- Bates in '65!
- Wanted: MCM / Bates / Webco Fork Slider Covers fo...
- Motorcycle Show in Bakersfield
- The Odd Couple
- Clear Amal Float Bowl Covers!
- Salty Knuckles!
- 1/4 Mile Machines!
- Pre-Unique Paint Job
- Hank Espinoza's "Old Blue" Panhead!
- Leaders of the Pack Comp LP
- 1960s Biker Fashion!
- Selections from Mothers Choppers 1971 Catalog
- Insane Drag Strip Photos!
- ▼ July (62)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
This Dukes San Gabriel Valley 1948 Chevy Fleetline was at the Chinga Las Vegas Show last weekend looking the part! Great car!
As far as I know the Bell 500-TX helmet was first produced in 1962 but I've been watching the 1968 examples like the one shown here...
Correct me if I'm wrong as this Ebay bike is an "exact" replica of Peter Fonda's Panhead in Wild Angels but I don'...
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
For a quick comparison in case you are interested in the different Flanders riser options and handlebars the first three (3) i...