ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Louie Lopez's 1946 Triumph Show Bike (Early 60s Car Craft)
I believe it was this bike that inspired the 1964 Revell Triumph Custom Show Bike Model Kit from the 60s. Both are nearly identical!
Nice detail color photo from a 1963 Cycle World Mag! Notice the MCM domed finned rocker cap on the trans, pure class!
More from the Cycle World article!
Here's a picture of the kit!
Revell promo poster for Triumph Custom Show Bike
At right is a built version of the triumph kit I did with Fonzie standing directly behind! 16" Firestone drag slick and steering dampener both came from the 1964 Triumph drag bike kit (see below)!
Here's a Revell Triumph 1/25 scale model kit just for kicks from Ebay!
Just for grins, the blue Harley Knucklehead model in the diorama three photos above was built from a Revell LA Street Chopper 1960s kit. The extended springer, shown in Ira Dahm's 1974 "Trion" trike above, was the same one I had to work with though I shortened mine considerably to achieve a stock, deraked stance!
There's the box from the late 60s LA Street Chopper kit!
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- ► 2009 (482)
- The Loss of a Friend & Genuine "Nice Guy"! - Mike ...
- Dan's Preunit - Rebirth of a Show Stopper!
- Old Photos!
- Bates Leathers & Accessories (of Long Beach, CA)
- A Perfect Pair!
- Triumph Twin Engine Drag Bikes
- Perfectly Proportioned Pre-unit
- Barris Book Pre-unit
- Album Covers
- Rod & Custom - August 1960
- Chopped Charley Panhead w/ Indian Chief Girder
- Richard Munn's "Cherry Machine"
- Swedish Joker's Panhead Before & After Paint
- Lil' Pam Triumph Preunit Salt Flats Racer
- J. Edwards "Dream Helmet"
- Cinderella Cart!
- Frank Scalora's Incredible "Roman Holiday" Trike
- The Mooncricket - Now Just a Memory! (GNR 2007)
- HCS Cool Generator Shovel (from GNR Show 2008)
- Dean's Sporty w/ Scott Craig Paint (from GNR Show ...
- Injun Sport Scout Racer (from HD & Indian Wars Book)
- Pre-unit w/ Award Cycle Finned Timing Cover (from ...
- Triumph Pre-unit Mild Custom (from Primer National...
- Japanese Paradise Road Show Triumph, Soo Perfect!!...
- 1968 Revell "Triumphant Trike" Model Kit Box Photo...
- Crazy Dude w/ Side Hack (Late 60s Cycle Guide)
- Gangreen Trike w/ Stretched I-Beam Springer (70s C...
- Crazy 45 Trike (late 60s Roth's Choppers Magazine)
- Knucklehead w/ Stroked Motor (from early 60s Hot R...
- Triumph Pre-unit Overhead Cam Salts Flat Racer (60...
- Triumph Single Engine Drag Bikes
- Gabe Griffin's - Hang'em High Panhead
- Swingarm Triumph Built by Gary Littlejohn (from 70...
- Gordon the Goat's Triumph
- Ron Finch - The Master
- Biker Flick Photo Stills & Posters
- Vern's Reversed Head Triumph (Best Triumph Ever Bu...
- Panhead w/ Clovered Exhaust!
- 1960s Harley 1/25 Show Bike Model Kit
- Harley Hillclimbers
- Jason Jessee Shreading! (Thrasher Mag, Jan 1989)
- Trick Trike (from late 60s Cycle Guide)
- Roth 1967-1968 Choppers Magazine (The Outlaw Patches)
- Late 50s / Early 60s Triumph T-shirt
- Mike Vill's Trumpet
- Triumph Finned Timing Cover
- Mark Anthony's Harley 45 Flatty
- Triangle Headlights - Three Versions
- WR Racers
- Barris Kustom's Little Deuce Coupe
- Max's Shovelhead - The Panoramic View!
- Mr. Skinny Knucklehead!
- Henry's Knucklehead!
- Reach for the Sky Seat! (Bob Ludvigson's Primo Pan...
- Reach for the Sky Pipes - INSANE!
- Gary Littlejohn's Panhead
- Job's Berserker Panhead
- Louie Lopez's 1946 Triumph Show Bike (Early 60s Ca...
- Larry Howard of Award Cycle's "Glittercycle" (1962...
- Original Durfee Girder's T-shirt from Early 1970s ...
- Surfer Birds & Roth's Surfite (from Mid 60s Custom...
- Batman's Girlfriend? (from mid 60s Customs Illustr...
- "Lil Tramp" Triumph Pre-unit Drag Bike (from Mid 6...
- "Little Miss Calculation" (from Mid 60s Customs Il...
- Triumph Rigid Show Bike (Mid 60s Customs Illustrat...
- Nice Swingarm Triumph Custom (from Mid 60s Cycle W...
- Triumph Rigid Drag Bike (from 1961 Motorcyclist Mag)
- My Favorite Servi-car / Trike (from 60s Cycle Guid...
- 1934 Harley Speedway Bike - RAD (from Classic 1903...
- Swedish Master Joakim K's Knuckle w/ Lucite V-Stac...
- Dean Lanza's "Quicksilver" - Perfect in Every Way
- John Edward's Immaculate Panhead Right After Paintjob
- Mark's Panhead in an Early Version w/ Springer, Cool!
- Mike Davis' Original Finned Timing Cover vs. Stock...
- Al Chioda's Upsweeps on His Knucklehead
- "Mr. Untouchable" Triumph Drag Bike & Al Chioda's ...
- Al Chioda of Chicago Cycle Supply's Knuckle
- Dennis Scott's "Pipe Dream" Triumph Pre-unit
- 1969 Roth Choppers Magazine Ad
- The Alphabet Man
- ▼ February (81)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
FOR SALE - Rare Antique Vintage Football 1956 - 1957 Mater Dei High School Henry "Hank" Enriquez CIF Champs Football Award / Letter JacketResearching this jacket has been a fun little side project for me. As the story goes my buddy purchased the jacket from a kid at the Long B...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flanders risers...
No motorcycles here but I was watching an old episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse yesterday and this espanol cartoon came on with the vetera...
I haven't received my copy yet but from what I understand this book has at least 75 photos of the Detroit Outlaws Motorcycle Club from t...