ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Ed Roth Dealings
I've always been intrigued by the old Monster airbrushed t-shirts and the fact this one is screened on is super cool!
These two photos above through me off a bit as I had thought this car had always been called the Outlaw, unless it was the Excalibur and changed to the Outlaw for the Revell model kit. If anybody knows the real story please feel free to post the facts! (all pictures from the 1959 Griffith Borgenson Hot Rods Book)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- The "Wild Giraffe" - 1959 BSA Twist-o-Matic Custom!
- Max Schaaf Street Chopper Interview
- Choppers Magazine #1 Ed Fuller's Pre-unit Alternat...
- Rodney - The Artist
- Street Chopper 40th Anniversary Bike Show & Party ...
- The V-Guns @ Avalon Bar Sunday May 3rd!
- Chrome Attack!--When Bikes Turn Chromosexual...
- The Legend of Joe Alphabet & the Eighth Wonder of ...
- Bob Ludvigson's "Scorpion" Panhead - A Mind Trip!
- 1953 Photo from "the Wild One"
- Harvey Mushman Rides Again!
- Knuckles from Early '80s "Boot Hill Digginz" Car S...
- More '51 Triumph Progress Photos
- Fonda's Wild Angels Panhead Revisited
- *1939 Clothier* - WWII Era Garments - Made in U.S.A.
- Ron Finch Frisco Pegs
- Dig Customs from 1958!
- Routt Twin Engine Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Seven Years and Finally Heading Down the Home Stre...
- Great Triumph Pre-unit Racer Photos
- Junior Drag Strip Champions!
- "Untouchable" 2 x 6 Piped Pre-unit Custom
- Ed Roth Dealings
- Triumphs @ the Drags
- Funny Mini Bike Advertisement from 1970
- Chromed Nacelles Take the Cake
- Palm Trees & Smokestack Pipes - Mark Drews Revisited!
- 1960 Arizona State Fairgrounds Racing Program
- Triumph Battery Box With History
- Mark Drew's Triumph Pre-unit Rigid in Desert Paradise
- Huffy Muscle Bikes Circa 1970
- Borrani WM-0 x 21 40 Hole Alloy Rim Laced to Trium...
- Harley Gal Circa 1964
- Late '60s Outlaw Chopper Magazine / Book
- More Triumph Show Bikes
- Triumph Racers - Pam Too & the Tramp
- Hells Angels on Wheels Orig. German Lobby Card
- Original German Wild Angels Lobby Cards
- 1968 Outlaw Motorcycle Magazine
- Roth Airbrushed Monster Sweatshirts from 1961
- Goodyear Rear Tire Selection Circa '66
- Bates Seats in 1966
- Cool Cartoon Ad
- Indian Stryper
- Shanghaied / One Year Before the Mast - Gabe's Blo...
- See Magazine - 09/67
- Mel's Monster
- ▼ April (47)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The craftsmanship and hand painted designs on these leather teens flight relics are super cool. WWII and earlier military jackets, sweats...
I spotted this car in Ventura, CA a few weeks back. I'm not sure if its an original or a reproduction but it was p...
This tank is beyond awesome! Old Gothic style stained glass Jesus painting on axed peanut tank, simply amazing. Check out http://www.spare...
Both of these photos came from a late 60s Men's Magazine article on the Hells Angels.
Cool twin engine triumph pre-unit drag bike from Mullin's Chaindrive website! The "Parasite" Daytona Drag bike with estimated ...
very interesting blog, do you own the orange and black bates jacket? I also blog about motorcycle stuff, im going to link to your blog
The orange and black Baes jacket was sold about 1 month ago as I needed money for my motorcycle project.
I meant Bates. I need to learn how to spell.
Ed Roth first called the car Excalibur, but later changed it to Outlaw. It was by a friend's recommendation that general public would not easily remember the name. Something like that. Ed Roth mentioned the story in one of his interviews (can't remember off the top of my head).
Post a Comment