ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Seven Years and Finally Heading Down the Home Stretch - My 1951 Triumph 6T Rigid
I had originally planned on keeping this bike undercover until completion but since a few other guys are sharing what they have to offer, I think its only fair that I post some pictures of my project. I can't say that any one part on this bike is beyond rare but the original cast racing rear section that lengthens the cycle 3" and lowers it by 2" (note the straight line running down the top tube which generally kicks down at the original rigid section connection) was my one best find and sold to me by a nice guy on the Jockey Journal. Other notable parts include 4" original ripple pipe sections mated to aftermarket 6T pipes and Superior racing cones, and a 1960 Bonneville Head going to finned extension ports with 389 & 689 Amals. Rear fender has been radius cut, all motor mounts and brake pedal are race drilled, narrow HD springer is the same as on Vern's Triumph with reversed heads but aftermarket scissor ride control has been added, screw-in flanders risers, wassell tank with molding (pictures to come soon), bates show white with black diamond seat and white leather p-pad (to come), and tiger cub brake on 21" Borrani (see earlier post) to replace the spooled Borrani up front. Rear wheel is a WM-2 x 19 Dunlop with NOS Avon GP Tire. More pictures to come as bike progresses! (Thanks to John of Banzai Machine, Rodney Aguiar, Mark Drews, Gabe Griffin, Pokey Kennedy, Chris Wiggins, and Dr. John's for the nice fabrication work to date!)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- The "Wild Giraffe" - 1959 BSA Twist-o-Matic Custom!
- Max Schaaf Street Chopper Interview
- Choppers Magazine #1 Ed Fuller's Pre-unit Alternat...
- Rodney - The Artist
- Street Chopper 40th Anniversary Bike Show & Party ...
- The V-Guns @ Avalon Bar Sunday May 3rd!
- Chrome Attack!--When Bikes Turn Chromosexual...
- The Legend of Joe Alphabet & the Eighth Wonder of ...
- Bob Ludvigson's "Scorpion" Panhead - A Mind Trip!
- 1953 Photo from "the Wild One"
- Harvey Mushman Rides Again!
- Knuckles from Early '80s "Boot Hill Digginz" Car S...
- More '51 Triumph Progress Photos
- Fonda's Wild Angels Panhead Revisited
- *1939 Clothier* - WWII Era Garments - Made in U.S.A.
- Ron Finch Frisco Pegs
- Dig Customs from 1958!
- Routt Twin Engine Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Seven Years and Finally Heading Down the Home Stre...
- Great Triumph Pre-unit Racer Photos
- Junior Drag Strip Champions!
- "Untouchable" 2 x 6 Piped Pre-unit Custom
- Ed Roth Dealings
- Triumphs @ the Drags
- Funny Mini Bike Advertisement from 1970
- Chromed Nacelles Take the Cake
- Palm Trees & Smokestack Pipes - Mark Drews Revisited!
- 1960 Arizona State Fairgrounds Racing Program
- Triumph Battery Box With History
- Mark Drew's Triumph Pre-unit Rigid in Desert Paradise
- Huffy Muscle Bikes Circa 1970
- Borrani WM-0 x 21 40 Hole Alloy Rim Laced to Trium...
- Harley Gal Circa 1964
- Late '60s Outlaw Chopper Magazine / Book
- More Triumph Show Bikes
- Triumph Racers - Pam Too & the Tramp
- Hells Angels on Wheels Orig. German Lobby Card
- Original German Wild Angels Lobby Cards
- 1968 Outlaw Motorcycle Magazine
- Roth Airbrushed Monster Sweatshirts from 1961
- Goodyear Rear Tire Selection Circa '66
- Bates Seats in 1966
- Cool Cartoon Ad
- Indian Stryper
- Shanghaied / One Year Before the Mast - Gabe's Blo...
- See Magazine - 09/67
- Mel's Monster
- ▼ April (47)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
FOR SALE - Rare Antique Vintage Football 1956 - 1957 Mater Dei High School Henry "Hank" Enriquez CIF Champs Football Award / Letter JacketResearching this jacket has been a fun little side project for me. As the story goes my buddy purchased the jacket from a kid at the Long B...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flanders risers...
No motorcycles here but I was watching an old episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse yesterday and this espanol cartoon came on with the vetera...
I haven't received my copy yet but from what I understand this book has at least 75 photos of the Detroit Outlaws Motorcycle Club from t...