ACE WESTERN BELTS
CIRCLE A BRAND
HIGH GRADE US STANDARD
OLD SOUTHWESTERN TRAILS
ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY MERCANTILE
TROY O'SHEA HANDMADE
USN ALL HANDS MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Norm Grabowski's Pan with Side Hack!
Norm's panhead with side car is a pretty cool rig! From the smokestack pipes to the buggy side car this machine is a winner! (Article comes from a late 60s Modern Cycle Magazine!)
Here's a picture of the Covair beast from a 1966 Motorcycle Sport Book! Here's a link to an earlier post I just found with norm flexing his Corvair Trike: http://nostalgiaonwheels.blogspot.com/2008/02/craze-dude-w-side-hack-late-60s-cycle.html
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- ► 2010 (568)
- Black Angels Poster in High Definition!
- Wild Angels Bikes
- Late 50s Bell 500-TX Helmet vs. Mid 60s Version!
- Mondo Bondo Shovel
- 1960s Mondo Mod Poster!
- Ed Thomas' '41 Knuckle Drag Bike
- Pre-unit Swingarm Mild Custom!
- 1930 Indian Factory Hillclimber
- Gabe has Been Shanghaied!
- Flawless Harley JD Racer!
- Vintage Stanton Police Dept Photo
- 1958 Dragstrip Riot Movie Still - Attack of the Pr...
- Angels Die Hard Lobby Cards from 1970
- Customs 4 the Show & Strip!
- Old Racers & Miscellaneous!
- Love Cycles Merchandise
- Wild Angels Posters in High Definition!
- 1959 AMA Trophies & Award Plaques!
- Inland Vans Berdoo
- 1970 Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" Poster
- A Plethora of "Motorcycle Gang" Stills
- 1961 Sporty Cafe Custom!
- Selections from the "BECK" '61-'62 Catalog
- Phil Ross' Triumph Show Bike & Doug Hirschberg's S...
- Cool 1970's Reissue Great Escape Poster!
- Swingarm Pre-unit with Sky-High Bars!
- Generator Shovel Chop from 1967!
- 1953 "Hot Blood" Poster
- Bruce Dern Rides in "Cycle Savages"
- 1958 Sporty Drag Bike!
- Frank Weston's "Mint Pearl" 45 in 1959
- How to Steal the Girl While on Your Bike!
- Knuckle Streamliner Cameleon Picture
- Filmfax Magazine - June/July 1991 - Issue No. 27
- The Bell 500-TX Helmet - Worth its Weight in Gold!!!
- Random Biker Movie Photos!
- Daytona - Racing on the Beach!
- Original Late 80s Santa Cruz Jim Phillips "Screami...
- Hell on Wheels M/C Rally & Beauty Pageant - June 20th
- The Tropical Cyclettes M.C. / M.F.
- The 1950's Avon Tire Selection
- Cool Toons!
- Gary Littlejohn's Best Magazine Cover!
- Kid Deuce's Wild Flicker Photo Sets!
- Bates in 1962!
- 1970 Aussie Hot Rod Show Photos!
- UK Drag Bikes of Insanity!
- Bates in 1954!
- High Resolution "Wild One" Photos!
- Building a Chopper / Smokestackin' Knucklehead!
- I've Got the "Yellow Fever"
- Fully Dressed Panheads
- The Teenage Taxi!
- Destro Just Got a Knucklehead...
- Dick Hirschberg's Knucklehead
- Norm Grabowski's Pan with Side Hack!
- The "Enchanted Parrot" Revisited!
- Give'em Enough Rocks, Rope, & Engraving! - Gabe's ...
- '41 Chevy Outside Hollywoodland
- Interesting Old Oil Filters
- '48 Triumph T-100 Desert Racer Custom
- Bud Ekins "In Flight"
- Danny Lyon Cover Art
- Knucklehead With Triple Carb Set-up!
- The Balancing Act!
- Orange Peelin' Panhead
- Dave of San Diego's Crazy Pan & Sporty!!!
- 1960s Bates Striped Cafe Jacket - Padded
- Screamin' Suzuki Roth Decal
- The Legend of Indian Gary!
- Ernie Dorsey's Pre-unit Drag Bike
- Very Mildly Customized Matchless
- Pre-unit Drag Bikes to Freak-Out About!
- ▼ June (73)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
Greycat - Nomads Monkey - Ironhorsemen Henry - Ironhorsemen Terry the Tramp - Oakland Animal - Oakland Beautiful Buzzard Angel Mexican Ed Ch...
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
The craftsmanship and hand painted designs on these leather teens flight relics are super cool. WWII and earlier military jackets, sweats...
The knuckle photos arrived in the mail today and I'm sure you'll agree they're pretty cool. With the tall apes, flanders risers...
Jack Scott's knucklehead chopper definitely looked quite amazing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any h...
No motorcycles here but I was watching an old episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse yesterday and this espanol cartoon came on with the vetera...
I'm shocked that I don't remember that rig. How could I have missed it? I have seen a picture of Norm riding possibly the same bike without the hack.
It's been awhile since I've seen something that cool! Thanks for posting it.
You're most welcome! I know Norm had a very similar bike with a Corvette Engine but I've never been a fan of bikes with car engines so when I saw this article I was very intrigued!
Your thinking of his Corvair (flat six), engine bike called the Six Pack. It's mentioned on the page you posted that talks about the color of the bike. It was actually quite different and pretty cool for a non m/c powered bike. It had a Indian girder. I prefer m/c powered too.
The bike I mentioned (of him riding), in my first comment was a Panhead. I downloaded it from somewhere but it is very small.
Ah, ok Corvair. I have articles on that bike but just don't dig the car engine enough to post them.
There's actually a pic of it & the Corvair engined bike with Indian frame in a -66 issue of Cycle World.
Not a 1938 frame though, as it says in the text...
Then send me the article on the corvair Grabowski dealio...you know I have a penchant for destroying Corvairs :) okay only one and I was 19 but still, they do fly and flip pretty nicely
Post a Comment